Error messages and faulty flight data

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has had this problem. I was flying last Sat. in Northern NSW. Australia. After about 12 mins 2 error messages came up, one said a propeller was loose or had come off, the second said I had a motor obstruction, I quickly flew back and landed with no problems at all. I could not see any faults at all with the drone. When I got home I downloaded the flight data and checked it out with Phantomhelp.com. I nearly fell off the chair when I saw it. According to the data I was in the middle of the Indian ocean at 8,000ft and battery levels off 29 volts. I have attached the flight data if anybody would like to look.

At the race track I was filming there is quite a few power lines and all the bikes have transponders on them for lap times, possibly a problem, but I have filmed there before for them with no problem.
Thanks
Jimmy

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-20_[15-12-38].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 258
I was wondering if anybody has had this problem. I was flying last Sat. in Northern NSW. Australia. After about 12 mins 2 error messages came up, one said a propeller was loose or had come off, the second said I had a motor obstruction, I quickly flew back and landed with no problems at all. I could not see any faults at all with the drone. When I got home I downloaded the flight data and checked it out with Phantomhelp.com. I nearly fell off the chair when I saw it. According to the data I was in the middle of the Indian ocean at 8,000ft and battery levels off 29 volts. I have attached the flight data if anybody would like to look.

At the race track I was filming there is quite a few power lines and all the bikes have transponders on them for lap times, possibly a problem, but I have filmed there before for them with no problem.
1. You got a false alarm error msg. These are not common but turn up occasionally.
It was unrelated to anything on or around your drone.

2. The latest firmware doesn't work with PhantomHelp.com and there's nothing that can be read from that.

The position in the Atlantic Ocean off West Africa is because the of scrambled data.
It showed as 0N 0E and that's where PhantomHelp plotted it.
Your Phantom never thought it was there ... it's just a data thing since DJI changed things in the latest firmware.

Reactions: Jimmy the Jock
Thanks for your quick reply Meta4, I thought and hoped that it was a data error. I am a retired electronics engineer and as we all know electronic equipment sometimes do weird things. I just wanted to see if it was something common or something to worry about.

Thanks again.

PS. I have used phantom help a few times and even checked the flight I did the day before that one and it has always seemed to me to work fine and was very accurate in its location.
I have just uploaded the flight data to health drones and everything seems normal and accurate

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4