error code - "green red red red" flashes. Please help!

Reaction score
My Phantom is supposed to be able to be flown straight out of the box but mine won't and I am getting really frustrated. I just want to do some basic flying initially,and have followed the instruction manual to the letter, but the rotors won't spin. The transmitter appears fine - I have the two switches in the up position and it seems to be talking to the phantom as it does change the sequence of flashes if I play with the flight control sticks.

But there is no power in the motors - I get a green flash followed by 3 reds on the phantom. Have I missed something in the set-up? Somebody help!!!

To start the motors put the left stick in the bottom right position and the right stick in the bottom left position both at the same time. The lights are another thing. Are you in an open area with unobstructed views of the sky? Are you within 5 miles of an airport. By all means read the manual but its not the best. You really need to watch a few hours of youtube instructional videos. The phantom may be ready to fly out of the box but the pilot may not be ready. I made a post with a few instructional videos to get new flyers started. Please watch them, take your time and this thing will bring you so much happiness. Crash on your first flight and it will be very expensive and you will feel like crap. I'll look now to find the post and i'll copy it to here mate.

Thanks for your guidance on this - I certainly don't want my Phantom in pieces within 30 seconds of it's first flight! I will do some youtube watching, try what you have suggested with the stick positions and come back on here if I remain none the wiser.

I was six weeks from buying one and started watching tutorials, reading manuals, looking at this site, etc.

I have a background in R/C aircraft and I still wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before it arrived on my doorstep.

The videos (now mostly gone) of DJI ex-CEO Colin Guinn giving flight tutorials were incredibly helpful. I've got about 25 flights now under my belt and this thing is pretty simple to fly. After 10 flights I changed from Vision to Naza-M mode and like it much better.

trevorlevy said:
Thanks for your guidance on this - I certainly don't want my Phantom in pieces within 30 seconds of it's first flight! I will do some youtube watching, try what you have suggested with the stick positions and come back on here if I remain none the wiser.
Cool but come back anyway, learn as much as you can and then hopefully pass your knowledge on to the next new gang of flyers.

My simple rules are, learn, read, watch youtube, ask, ask again, make mistakes, respect that it can go terribly wrong if you dont follow these steps, then start to really enjoy and only then lose the fear, but lose it quickly and post some cool pics and videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav