Error 42?

Reaction score
I had a momentary "error 42" on my screen today. It happened right after IMU warm up and only lasted about 30 seconds. Has anyone else seen this or know what it was for.

Thanks
-A-

Was there any additional text to the error other then "error 42". I believe I've seen error -42 referred to in relation to the ultrasonic system errors, although I could be mistaken. If so, this would be in relation to VPS. If in fact this error was related to the ultrasonic portions of VPS, perhaps you were resting upon a highly ultrasonically absorptive or refracting surface (assuming your VPS wasn't actually malfunctioning). Most recommendations in regards to VPS errors under firmware 1.2.8 is to disable VPS until the next firmware release comes.

If you get it again, try to grab a screenshot. If "Ultrasonic" related error text sounds familiar, try launching from a different surface, or disable VPS.

Was there any additional text to the error other then "error 42". I believe I've seen error -42 referred to in relation to the ultrasonic system errors, although I could be mistaken. If so, this would be in relation to VPS. If in fact this error was related to the ultrasonic portions of VPS, perhaps you were resting upon a highly ultrasonically absorptive or refracting surface (assuming your VPS wasn't actually malfunctioning). Most recommendations in regards to VPS errors under firmware 1.2.8 is to disable VPS until the next firmware release comes.

If you get it again, try to grab a screenshot. If "Ultrasonic" related error text sounds familiar, try launching from a different surface, or disable VPS.
That would make sense, my quad was sitting on a glass coffee table.

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20