Error 42 Professional

Reaction score
So Today after letting my IMU warm up when I went to go take off I got a message on the screen saying cannot take off Error 42,Contact DJI Support. If I power cycle the P3P It takes right off. Today was the first time ive had this issue and its done it twice today,both right after the IMU warming up. On the latest firmware. I contacted DJI support and she told me she had no idea what the error is only repair techs know what that error is. Does anyone know what this error is for? I havent found much on the web about it. Thanks for the help!

It's a very rare error that most don't get, or if they do it's only now and again which is fine. Like you say you can just whip the battery out and cycle it again and you can start the motors.
The error 42 is a barometer error which any craft can get for a number of reasons and providing it only happens now and again is ok from what I know. But if this starts happening a lot when trying to arm then you need to send it in because the barometer is not something any of us can calibrate. My first p3 suffered with this a lot back in May June and many said then the barometer can be affected by wind, pressure, temp ect ect and also if you have just taken it out a warm car and into the cool air ect ect. How ever all though mine flew perfect every time it became a pain in the arse with code 42 popping up nearly every time I tried to arm it and the problem just got worse and worse so I sent it in.

It's a very rare error that most don't get, or if they do it's only now and again which is fine. Like you say you can just whip the battery out and cycle it again and you can start the motors.
The error 42 is a barometer error which any craft can get for a number of reasons and providing it only happens now and again is ok from what I know. But if this starts happening a lot when trying to arm then you need to send it in because the barometer is not something any of us can calibrate. My first p3 suffered with this a lot back in May June and many said then the barometer can be affected by wind, pressure, temp ect ect and also if you have just taken it out a warm car and into the cool air ect ect. How ever all though mine flew perfect every time it became a pain in the arse with code 42 popping up nearly every time I tried to arm it and the problem just got worse and worse so I sent it in.
Thanks for the info,yea I can tell ya it's already becoming a pain having to go pull the battery then plug it back in. I'll have to watch it,I can still get it swapped at the store if it becomes a major problem. I just don't want it to fly away lol

If you can swap it at a store with little to no effort then u should! Youll get new bird, batteries,& piece of mind

No you don't. From my experience if your getting it a lot now it's only going to get worse as it did for me. I have heard others getting it now and again with the barometer getting a bad reading. But if your getting it a lot then it might be best to send it in or take it back. They will sort it for you anyway like they did for me so don't worry.

Reactions: Waternut13134

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic