Error 29 - Tx stick mid-point error

Reaction score
Went out for a flight and was faced with rapid blinking red lights, and the motors would not start. Once home I connected the Phantom and saw "Error 29". I tried the following -

• Re-calibrated the Tx using RC
    Re-checked firmware, and everything is current
    Switched batteries

Stumped, I decided to try a spare Tx controller. I updated the firmware and bound it to the Phantom. Same error, same result. Strange.

When I plug in the Phantom the throttle (T) read-out is super jittery and all over the place. You can see the status in the screen grabs showing that something is clearly wrong.

I have done a fair amount of searching and can't seem to find any useful information. I am hoping someone here might be able to diagnose the problem and offer up ideas.

Attachments

• sticks1.jpg
    sticks1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 704
  • sticks3.jpg
    sticks3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 838
  • sticks2.jpg
    sticks2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 744
This morning I decided to try again and resolve this problem. I started up the P2 and has the same blinking red lights and error 29. I calibrated the controller using the RC software, re-linked it to the P2 and calibrated the IMU - all just to be sure. When I re-started the P2 (red lights still flashing) and connected to it and looked at the Phantom software I noticed a number of strange things -

The gimbal was unresponsive
The stick readouts were very jittery
There was no information on the Upgrade tab

It was very strange. So I left the P2 connected, and restarted it. I noticed I now had info in the Upgrade tab. So I ran the calibration on the Phantom software for the sticks and the gimbal, and by the time I was done I had a green light on my P2 and the error was gone. I restarted once more, went outside, locked 7 satellites, and all was green. The gimbal was responsive too.

So I wish I knew exactly what was causing the error and how I managed to fix it, but I have no idea. Given the weirdness of the connection, maybe there is/was something wrong with the receiver on the P2.

Anyway, I'm back in action. For now at least.

gavinski said:
This morning I decided to try again and resolve this problem. I started up the P2 and has the same blinking red lights and error 29. I calibrated the controller using the RC software, re-linked it to the P2 and calibrated the IMU - all just to be sure. When I re-started the P2 (red lights still flashing) and connected to it and looked at the Phantom software I noticed a number of strange things -

The gimbal was unresponsive
The stick readouts were very jittery
There was no information on the Upgrade tab

It was very strange. So I left the P2 connected, and restarted it. I noticed I now had info in the Upgrade tab. So I ran the calibration on the Phantom software for the sticks and the gimbal, and by the time I was done I had a green light on my P2 and the error was gone. I restarted once more, went outside, locked 7 satellites, and all was green. The gimbal was responsive too.

So I wish I knew exactly what was causing the error and how I managed to fix it, but I have no idea. Given the weirdness of the connection, maybe there is/was something wrong with the receiver on the P2.

Anyway, I'm back in action. For now at least.

Did this occur again? I'm still having this type of issue but don't know how I fix it why it occurs either....

Since my test flight I have flown another couple of times and no sign of the error returning. Sorry to hear you are having the same problem.

All I can recommend is that you go through the same steps in the hope that it also works for you. Try this, in this order;

Make sure you are running the most current P2 and RC software
Connect the RC and run the calibration on the controller, including the gimbal control
Connect the P2 and make sure you are seeing ALL of the info in the P2 software, including the current firmware information
Important - Run the controller calibration on the P2 software as well
Restart the P2

Since I had the same error with two different controllers, I am pretty sure the fault was actually on the P2 side, at least in my case.

Best of luck.

hi buddy I had the exact same problem....no matter how many time I calibrated it....I always ended with the error 29 code ....and when plugged into the naza software I could see the stick percentage bouncing all over the place even when not touching the sticks......after 1 week I found what the problem was and fixed it really easily and its fine ever since....I took the back off my controller and blew air in the angel sensors on all the stick ......something as simple as a bit of dust had got inside the sensor and was totally messing it up after a quick blast of air on the stick angel sensors problem solved.....hope this help anyone else with this problem in the future.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj