Erratic Phantom

Reaction score
Not sure whats going on, but my phantom has become a bit twitchy lately. It's nothing that crazy, but it isn't very stable. It does it in all modes (GPS, Atti, Manual and even RTH). What could be causing this?

did you crash it?

do a calibration in the software and compass calibration when you go to fly.

Once you recalibrate the electronics then it's time to check the hardware I guess. Check the props for nicks, chips and cracks, etc. Check each motor for movement in the shafts, excessive stiffness when turning by hand and with props off and motors running any odd noises, etc. Check the mounting screws on each are tight.

I had the same issue, but after reprograming the Home location (S2 up and down a few times) the problem was resolved.

Check your props? I got some aftermarket props for my P2V and found that while they were balanced, they weighed a full gram less than the OEMs and the black props were 0.4 grams less than the silver props. When I tested the after markets on the P2V, I got unstable performance. While it was flyable, it was less than desirable.

1dr1 said:
Check your props? I got some aftermarket props for my P2V and found that while they were balanced, they weighed a full gram less than the OEMs and the black props were 0.4 grams less than the silver props. When I tested the after markets on the P2V, I got unstable performance. While it was flyable, it was less than desirable.

Interesting thoughts here. I had bought the white plastic vision props for the Ph1 and they worked great although I chipped one. So I ordered the more expensive carbon black props. I was very careful and spent about 30 minutes each balancing them . I took off and hovered at 5' and the thing twitched really bad in no wind. It was late Friday night so I put it away and I haven't been able to do more real testing since we've had excessive winds here. Perhaps it had nothing to do with the props but it's interesting that it just happened to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen