Erratic GPS Mode

Reaction score
Hi Gang

Tried to fly this afternoon. A bit windy. Anyway, got to hover at about 3 m and it starts to drift erratically. I try to land but had too much drift (my fault). Broken prop only damage (phew).

Uploaded the log to HD -

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

and you can see that I never had less than 10 GPS sats, but the mode kept flipping back and forth between GPS and ATTI.

Any bright ideas, please?

Atti mode will kick in whenever there is low gps count or when your compass get interference ( which is usually the case ).

In my experience, when i fly in an area with strong interfernce (litchi will pop a message sayin compass calibration within seconds) and usually stay in gps mode
However the go app will not warn me until it switched to atti mode

Thanks Tdeath. It must have been interference because 10 sats (the minimum that I had) is rated as "Good" by HD, correct?

Mine did the same thing. Took off and it was not holding position. It was windy. I just kept it away from trees.
After what was probably only 30 seconds it held position. I don't think it had a good lock on the sats at first.
I was in GPS mode all the time.

Mike. Just noticed. We are not far apart.

Also from my experience, compass will go crazy if u take off from certain areas of ur home so learn them.

My advice whenever u get compass error or atti mode and the ac starts drifting at low altittude ? Shoot it up sky high and simply account for wind direction from the way its drifitng ( you can do this using los or the map in go app) keep flying till u gps mode back or simply try to land it in a different open area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20