erratic flight

Reaction score
Hi, my phantom2 is no-longer "hovering" on take off it will bob around then when taken up an i release the controls it takes a little while to respond then it will bob up and down erraticly and start almost flying on its own. I have upped to latest firmware, re calibrated compass and for the life of me cannot see any problems. I have put on new blades (*dji stock). I am no a bit anxious letting her fly as i do not want to say bye-bye to her ( yes my phantom is a she...).

Anyone with more xp help with someething i may be missing.

TiA
Jayne

Yes - I think that might be the problem - especially if you are flying a low-weight P2. Those are the original gains from a previous firmware version. If you hit the "Default" button on the lower right they should change. Either way - I would drop the basic gains, particularly the vertical, and see if that helps.

Just wanted to chime in. Got the same behavior on my P2. Will test the settings mentioned.

When i try to change gain the numbers just jump back to the previous ones. Pressing default just flashes the default numbers and then back to the previous. PS:
I have my gimbal and camera on.

I have now stable smooth flight again..and its awesome...again ;)

What did i do ?

Magnets ! Magnets are everything....ok I used a strong magnet.
Rotated it 360deg round my compass, around 1 1/2" from P2 whilst plugged into PC. P2 Software Errored out my compass, I then un plugged, went outside, re-calibrated and it was perfect. Dunno what was up or what was going on but i think there was a gremlin in there somewhere wearing a tinfoil hat that got kicked out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl