Erratic behavior at high altitude & low temperatures

Yes the both batteries had a serious problem with the cold temperature..
One of them was not used for many weeks so it had storage voltage (70%) i think, so i charged it the day before to 100% but still both batteries had some kind of problem during the flight.

Good that you got your P3 back safely. Did you fly in GPS- mode?

Yes of course in GPS mode, it would be impossible to fly it on atti mode only as i would loose it forever! I was deep in the forest and all trees looked the same so even with the live feed it was very difficult to direct back home manually.. plus there where some very tall trees around me and the landing had to be very precise so not to hit a tree branch!

Good that you got your P3 back safely. Did you fly in GPS- mode?

Reactions: Dounin Front
image1-png.35125
Would like to see the video of that !
I think i deleted it since it was during mission planner beta and mission planner back than (dont know now) didnt handle corners as well as Litchi or Airnest so the video was shiat. Got a pic from the mission map though.

Will check for the video when i get home but i doubt i still have it, it was really bad.

EDIT: I forgot that i posted the video in the beta thread so here you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: rene van der meer
Halo everyone! I was flying the p3p from 1.600m altitude Aprox and temperature was 1-2c aprox and several times i had issues with battery warnings that it's critically low and at some time that the motors where over heating!!
Eventually i managed to land it but manually landing it to a safe position near me overriding the return to home procedure.
My question is is the altitude or temperature to extreme or it was something else?
It was not windy or snowing.

Hi How do you setup your P3a to go more than 500 M ? mine its Limited to 500M dont accept changes please help

image1-png.35125

I think i deleted it since it was during mission planner beta and mission planner back than (dont know now) didnt handle corners as well as Litchi or Airnest so the video was shiat. Got a pic from the mission map though.

Will check for the video when i get home but i doubt i still have it, it was really bad.

EDIT: I forgot that i posted the video in the beta thread so here you go.
Brutally,

I enjoyed watching the video over water. Most of the flight you flew FPV and could not see the AC at all?
At around 6:09 you were flying backwards towards an island. How did you make sure you wouldn't hit the nearby trees?

Brutally,

I enjoyed watching the video over water. Most of the flight you flew FPV and could not see the AC at all?
At around 6:09 you were flying backwards towards an island. How did you make sure you wouldn't hit the nearby trees?

I had two very strong flashing lights (almost like photo flashes) that flash every 5 seconds so i can see it from a very far distance (>2km) even though i lost it for maybe 30 seconds behind the islands farthest away from me. I had a green one on the right side and a red one on the left side of the drone, 25 grams each. Unfortunately i left them in the grass and couldn't find them. It was a friend of mine that got them for me so i have to ask him to get some new ones. Where i fly you need to see (with no aids like binoculars) the direction the aircraft is flying and this is/was my way to stay with in the statues of the law when flying long distance.

I trust my GPS, maybe its foolish but i have used gps on the sea for over 20 years both on my spare time and professionally and i found it to be very accurate even though I use charts/compass as back up while driving my boat. So in short, i trust the map when setting up my missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl