Erratic battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
New to the forum so a big hello to everyone here. Need some help with a problem I have so thanks in advance :D

My phantom 2 started displaying erratic behavior recently. I would be flying fine, and suddenly the battery would be displaying (in my app) an empty battery gauge, and a red battery percentage. The percentage is usually the sort that isn't a low battery warning (48%, 42% etc). I've checked my low battery warnings, and they haven't been changed.

When this happens, the machine will behave weirdly. Sometimes descending automatically, and sometimes wobbling in place as if it cannot decide which way to go.

The iOS app doesn't display any abnormal messages apart from the funny low battery warnings. This will go away as suddenly as it came, and everything will be back to normal. Until it comes back again at least. It's always when I get below 50% that it starts happening.

Yeah I'll drop DJI a note to report this.

Mine wasn't a result of aggressive flying. I just have to drop below 50% and eventually it'll come. I tried wrestling control, and managed to sit out the issue a couple of times, but it comes back in a while even when just hovering.

I don't know if it could be a battery/power issue, but I've bought a new pack, and will be monitoring to see if it happens to that as well.

Couple of things to try/check:

A) clean battery contacts with rubbing alcohol - both on battery and on Phantom

if it still continues open up the shell and check all soldered connections. Erratic flying and simulated auto land is a low voltage situation. (similar if you were to turn battery warnings off and fly until battery was extremely low) Bad connections will act the same.

Hi that's exactly what happened to me as well. I had 50% and for the first time it started descending blinking red baterry icon. I restated phantom all looked right in few minutes again at 45% and it behaved in a strange way and took hard right and crashed. What fw are u running. Me on 2.00. Let me know what they answered. My dealer never experienced such problem.

Odesláno z mého A1-810 pomocí Tapatalk

I had a battery that showed LOW on the app at 50%, and the Phantom would want to land. DJI replaced the battery.

I tried recalibrating the battery by taking it down below 20%, and then charging it back up.

It seems to work in that I no longer have the low battery problem below 50%. However, my battery's still very bloated for a cell that has less than 15 cycles. Anyone else has experienced the bloating, and how long do you guys reckon the battery has till it dies?

Anyway my dealer has promised to send the battery back to DJI for a diagnosis. We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues