Epson Moverio BT-200 or Zeiss Cinemizers OLED

Reaction score
I know there's already lots of information about these products but I found an endless stream of mixed feelings and opinions making it really hard to decide what product to go for. I would hate investing this kind of money in a product only to find out I should have picked the other one instead...

I read many saying the Cinemizers OLED glasses has better image quality and maybe appears to be a more "finished" product. On the other hand I'm not sure if I'm 100% comfortable wearing a pair of glasses that won't let me see the real world outside the glasses in an easy way and especially when flying a quad.

Another concern I have with the Cinemizers is I still haven't been able to get a 100% confirmation they would work with my Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone although it seems they would using a Sony Universal MHL to HDMI Adapter. I sent the developer an email and they said they it "should" work and that they tested the glasses with Samsung and HTC smartphones but would still be great to hear someone who actually know they work with the kind of smartphone I got.

The Moverio glasses seems to be a little bit more of a "prototype" but I like the fact I'll be able to see everything both outside the glasses while at the same time have this huge 80 inch virtual screen hanging in the air in front of me. I found this YouTube clip -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMse0_RHuNs made by someone from this site and the reviewer seems to be more than happy using them for P2V+ FPV flying.

Thanks a lot in advance for any input, pros and cons and especially from those of you who have tried both products so you can compare them after real world usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic