*** Now Available *** Epson Moverio AR Glasses

I think the advantage is you can see through them to the drone so it may get around the FAA VLOS rule where the full-cover glasses/hoods require a second person as a viewer, plus they are suppose to interface with the DJI Go app as well - in theory.

Just what it does on the GO interface part is unknown, although the ad videos show the NFZ in red lines as a "No fly zone wall is approaching" if that data is within the GO app. The ad shows the guy looking right and a red no fly zone, and looking left is a green zone to fly in while right in front of him. Hopefully that part works as I have something scheduled near a Restricted air space that is also under a MOA and I'd like to see and know how close I am before I hit the invisible GEO fence and have the thing plant itself or go off on a tangent.

Supposedly they are offering some diopter correction for glasses wears too - supposedly. Have to wait and see how the reviews and GO app use stacks up once out there.

How do you justify $799 against the Glyph price of $439 today?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I haven't had a look through Glyph , does it allow VLOS with a transparent HUD like the Epson does? Does the Glyph allow the pilot to maintain his/her personal situational awareness? Does the Glyph have ability to build in new apps like check lists, simulations, etc with the DJI remote directly using the direct USB connection? Again, I haven't tried the Glyph, so I don't know.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

does it allow VLOS with a transparent HUD like the Epson does? Does the Glyph allow the pilot to maintain his/her personal situational awareness?
No and Yes.

Glyph’s VR-Like Headphones Let You Wear Video
In addition, Glyph allows you to consistently watch a video while looking in any direction. If you’re on a plane and want to relax by tipping your seat back and tray table up, or if you're watching a video in bed, the Glyph headset can allow you to do so without worrying about another screen in front of you, and lets you keep your hands free and your head in any position.

They're a little salty though $799.00, and you can extra shades if sunglasses for them as well.

I've been emailing back and forth with someone at Epson who is on the Moverio team and he said they do come with 2 pairs of shades - light and dark. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll pass them on. By the way, there are 2 different versions of the glasses also, a developer version and a drone version. The drone version comes pre-loaded with the DJI software but the cost is the same.

I think the price of $799 will kill moverio. Glyph lowered the prices to $399 on Black Friday week and they must have got good sale.

A big question is why should some one buy moverio when Glyph is a great goggle? The market for goggles for drones is so huge and one should tap with right features and prices. Moverio seems to be late in the market. I may be wrong.

I haven't had a look through Glyph , does it allow VLOS with a transparent HUD like the Epson does? Does the Glyph allow the pilot to maintain his/her personal situational awareness? Does the Glyph have ability to build in new apps like check lists, simulations, etc with the DJI remote directly using the direct USB connection? Again, I haven't tried the Glyph, so I don't know.

Personally I don't like the idea of transparent HUD. I need full focus on one image. To use a goggle for a drone, I don't like to install apps on it. It should be a clean gadget to accept processed streams from RC.

I got to try the Epson MT-300FPV glasses at the LA Drone Expo. They fit over your normal glasses with some added nosepads. For daylight, the is a chromed slip on sunglasses bit so your eyes adjust for the screen's brightness since it is now behind the sunglasses part which makes the real world a bit dimmer with the sunglasses. It has an internal battery yo charge with a normal USB cable. It does plug into the USB port on the DJI unit where your phone/tablet goes. The run time of its battery is 3 hours. Since you see the real world in addition to the screen, people don't get nauseous as with the full covergae Optivue types. The unit to get is called the BT-300FPV (Make sure it has FPV at then end of it!).as it has the DJI GO app in the pad part and the brackets that hold it in the DJI RC clamp. The face of the pad has a touchpad where you slide your fingers around on it much like a computer notebook to move a little circle over what you want to click on. Not heavy at all. May time some time to get use to them though.

They say they will go on sale on the Epson site or Amazon in mid-January 2017. Price $799.

Reactions: cr6
These goggles should be available at the places like Best Buy to try and have first hand experience. No one is just willing to spend 799 because it's supposed to be a good fpv goggles. Personal experience and prices are very important. Also it should have 1080p resolution to compete with Glyph.

Reactions: cr6
I'd much rather pay the extra money to have full view of my surroundings, as opposed to the Glyphs that only give you a sliver of view above and below.
Don't the Headplays provide VLOS as well, but via a forward facing camera & PIP? I like the idea of a full screen as opposed to individual views, being that I don't have very good vision in one eye. Plus, being able to wear my reading glasses would be great, but it's not a deal breaker.
That said, I'm really diggin the Walkera Goggle 3's as well.
Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it!

S7 Edge tap'n

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBiffBetter
For those who are interested in flying Phantoms with Augmented Reality, the new v1.8 of Dream Flights app (has been released yesterday, iOS, free version available) supports drawing on the sky the path of your bird in colors of your choice. Also drawing AR "obstacles" on the sky like gates and hoops to exercise in flying through them is possible now.
See details at "Copter drawing" section at How to fly DJI drone with VR glasses and Dream Flights

Attachments

• CopterDrawSS22small.jpg
    CopterDrawSS22small.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 308
For those who are interested in flying Phantoms with Augmented Reality, the new v1.8 of Dream Flights app (has been released yesterday, iOS, free version available) supports drawing on the sky the path of your bird in colors of your choice. Also drawing AR "obstacles" on the sky like gates and hoops to exercise in flying through them is possible now.
See details at "Copter drawing" section at How to fly DJI drone with VR glasses and Dream Flights
Interesting app! Thanks!

Bit of a sidebar to the Epson BT-300 glasses. I should have asked the guy at the Drone Show in LA about adding apps to the device since GO is installed at the factory for their BT-300 FPV model. If the glasses run on their own pad device which they do, can apps be added to it or is it a locked system much as the P4 Pro+ model with the screen? Might not be able to use any autonomous app with the BT-300 due to limitations on memory storage etc.

Apps can be downloaded via the Moverio Apps Market. Apps can also be downloaded from the internet and installed on the microSD card

I can't see too many people buying these due to the outrageous price point.

true, price is one of the factors going against these goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj