Epic Wakeboarding + P2 + Zenmuse

Reaction score
I wanted to share the latest video I shot with the H3-3D and P2. I'm still blown away by the footage coming out of this gimbal. The video is completely un-stabilized, edited with FCPX. This was shot with about 10MPH winds, when we were heading into the wind I could barely keep up with the boat in ATTI mode. I was flying from the pull boat. This was all captured during a single 10 minute run, on one battery.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/3TY0zea2MQQ[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/3TY0zea2MQQ

Information about Phantom kit:
- Phantom 2
- Zenmuse H3-3D V1
- ImmersionRC 600mw TX
- Black Pearl Monitor
- GoPro Hero3 Black Plus
- PolarPro ND Filter
- Futaba 8FG Super

Nice video (again)! Where you flying backwards to keep the props out of the pic? I'm planning on doing that, but I'm afraid that it'll be too easy to accidentally hit any of the CSC positions.

I had a crash not long after I got my Phantom where I hit one of the CSC positions and the motors shut off and the Phantom fell about 80ft to the ground. Last time out, I decided to try (I should have known better!) to see if a person would have to hold it in that position for 3 seconds before the motors quit - or if they would quit as soon as you hit a CSC position. Unfortunately, I found out that the motors stop as soon as you hit a CSC position.

Even though my little test confirmed this, I was glad I got a chance to find out over ground (as opposed to water). But the little experiment ended up costing me a new shell and ESC board. I should have just asked on the forums instead - as I'm sure someone would have known. Dumb move. Oh well...

Jebus said:
Nice video (again)! Where you flying backwards to keep the props out of the pic? I'm planning on doing that, but I'm afraid that it'll be too easy to accidentally hit any of the CSC positions.

I had a crash not long after I got my Phantom where I hit one of the CSC positions and the motors shut off and the Phantom fell about 80ft to the ground. Last time out, I decided to try (I should have known better!) to see if a person would have to hold it in that position for 3 seconds before the motors quit - or if they would quit as soon as you hit a CSC position. Unfortunately, I found out that the motors stop as soon as you hit a CSC position.

Even though my little test confirmed this, I was glad I got a chance to find out over ground (as opposed to water). But the little experiment ended up costing me a new shell and ESC board. I should have just asked on the forums instead - as I'm sure someone would have known. Dumb move. Oh well...

Thanks! I was flying both forward and backwards. We went both ways, into the wind and against. When going into the wind, I flew backwards otherwise the props would of been way in the shot. When flying with the wind, I flew forwards to get those "chasing" shots. Those were my favorite in the end... But, definitely the most challenging to get. With the wind, my speed was closer to 10-12MPH of wind resistance, so it helped keep the props out of the shot.

As for the CSC position, this is a problem... I've had this happen once, luckily nothing broke and it was a best case scenario hard landing onto a soft surface. I am just mindful of it when really pushing things and I haven't had a problem since.

Yup. Since it happened the first time, I am very careful not to do it again.

I'll be sure to post up some vid once I get a chance to try some of this type of filming. Thanks again for sharing!

happydogs said:
YOU DA MAN!!!! ONE BOBBLE AND YOU HIT THE BUBBLES!

Thanks! It was a bit nerve-wracking! I've flown with other wake boarders before, but none as good as Josh, so I wanted to really push things and see how close I could get :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31