EPIC POI Shots!

Reaction score
Loving the new POI mode.. it was very difficult to replicate that manually. The new modes are great, but seem to drain the batteries very quickly.. anyone else notice this?

Anyway here's some footage I shot yesterday of the POI Mode with normal footage ;) :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Great footage! Please be sure to post video & photos in the correct section of the forum. I have moved this post for you. ;)

Reactions: Man And Drone
Looks like u got it working really well.
Where is this spot?

Horseshoe Lake in Jasper Canada. Yeah man they work great just drain the batteries more than I'd like maybe I need to update the battery firmwares..

I found that if your filming yourself a lower circling speed is way better, anything above 2mps seemed way too quick. Obviously the larger areas like 40m radius 2-3mps works pretty well I found so far.

Reactions: numbphoto
Looks awesome mate. Particularly the colours etc, how much was done post production if you don't mind? Do you shoot flat then pump up or aim to get the camera settings to record what you're after straight off the cam? Any filters on your cam?

PS. I'm glad I saw your post of P3 footage, talking about the new P3 features and how they might affect the P3 battery while it was posted in the "wrong" section (the P3 discussion one). I'd have missed it if you posted it direct in the "photo's and video's" one.

Last edited:
PS. I'm glad I saw your post of P3 footage, talking about the new P3 features and how they might affect the P3 battery while it was posted in the "wrong" section (the P3 discussion one). I'd have missed it if you posted it direct in the "photo's and video's" one.
I urge you to explore more of the site... there are lots of good things outside of the P3 section. ;)

I urge you to explore more of the site... there are lots of good things outside of the P3 section. ;)

Possibly, but it's buried in amongst tons of stuff that doesn't interest me (not saying it's dull, it just doesn't interest me personally). If I have to read every area it may as well not have any sections and everyone post in one place.
I'm not saying being a mod is easy but this forum (IMO compared to others I use more often) seems too heavily moderated from a "this should be here so I've moved it", "this is discussed elsewhere so I've closed it" and "you can't use that language" point of view.
I agree we need moderators but I've seen countless examples where something was being being discussed, with a high post count, new posts coming in every few minutes then it gets locked as a similar post exists in another section. However rarely does the conversation continue there so a topic just dies.
I guess to sum it up I know we need mods and I know it's a hard thankless task but sometimes less is more.

My points however are bang out of order on this thread so I apologise to the OP and give myself 1 warning point.

Back on track still interested in the level of post production and camera setting you used.

Wow.. Nice !

Possibly, but it's buried in amongst tons of stuff that doesn't interest me (not saying it's dull, it just doesn't interest me personally). If I have to read every area it may as well not have any sections and everyone post in one place.
I'm not saying being a mod is easy but this forum (IMO compared to others I use more often) seems too heavily moderated from a "this should be here so I've moved it", "this is discussed elsewhere so I've closed it" and "you can't use that language" point of view.
I agree we need moderators but I've seen countless examples where something was being being discussed, with a high post count, new posts coming in every few minutes then it gets locked as a similar post exists in another section. However rarely does the conversation continue there so a topic just dies.
I guess to sum it up I know we need mods and I know it's a hard thankless task but sometimes less is more.

My points however are bang out of order on this thread so I apologise to the OP and give myself 1 warning point.

Back on track still interested in the level of post production and camera setting you used.
Without organization the forum would be unusable and chaotic. Posting in the correct area helps to keep the forum organized and helps the search feature to work better.
Like Abraham Lincoln once said... "You can please most of the people some of the time, some of the people most of the time, but none of the people all of the time."

Reactions: snerd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic