Epic Fail

Reaction score
Well my first post on here is about my second flight....

First flight went off without a hitch. I followed every step, did everything as prescribed... Shot some awesome video for about 30 seconds (was more nervous than anything...)

Second flight... Go up to about 15-20 feet.... Then drop... it dropped like a rock... a 1300$ rock. Smashed into a couple pieces... A complete disaster. Camera broke, body cracked and damaged...

No earthly idea why it crashed like that. :(

After playing it through in my mind further, and talking with my wife who was a witness (UGH!!!) One (1) of the motors stopped in flight causing it to plummet to the ground! :(

On a brighter note... B&H has already shipped my new one!

Hi, Just be very wary of these intelligent batteries because they are not smart at all as i have 4 useless batteries now that i am not game enough to use (over $500 worth) The most discharges on them are 42 and the least is 20 and last night the 20 one just let my PV2 drop out of the sky,completely wrecked. Pissed off big time.

Yes ,B&H is class act all the way. I have always had good results from them!!!

New Phantom will be here tomorrow!!!!

I'm a half way experienced owner, flew the FC40 for several months then sold and purchased the Vision +. Probably 40 flights with it. This evening everything is perfect, 11 sats. everything in order. Flying for about 15 min. with battery at 34% and at about 100 feet vertical and 20 feet horizontal in a hover in order to take a picture. The Phantom started a sudden drop. Advanced throttle and tried to side slip. There was no response to any input and Phantom dropped to ground. Motors still running. I had one of the camera protectors on the legs and zip ties securing the camera mounts. Only damage appears to be to the props which struck the ground upon impact. I feel very lucky but I'm completely lost as to why this happened. I have read the forums since getting my FC40 and have always felt that others experiencing this had done something wrong. I know better now. There is something wrong with the Phantom programing or electronics. Following the crash I replaced the props and took it back up to a 15 foot hover. No problem. Did some testing for movement and response, no problem. How can you explain this?

Battery not fully engaged?

Props were still turning after hitting the ground and did not stop until I shut them down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4