Epic blunder

Reaction score
Hi all recently moved up from standard to advanced absolutely loving it.....or at least I was. So I had prop guards fitted and decided to take them off and without thinking I put the same screws back in the arms !!!! Yep the longer ones [emoji30][emoji30] and in doing so screwed them into the motor windings, realising my own stupidity I tested my bird only to receive ESC warning message on the app and she won't fire up. I know there are some very knowledgeable guys on here so before I send her for repair in your opinion do you think it's motor replacement or will the ESC boards need renewing too.....please help [emoji106] thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hoping its open circuit rather than shorted turns in the windings. The ESC are on the mainboard so expensive mistake potentially.

I would get motors first. Decent iron and basic soldering skills should make for a relatively cheap repair.

Make sure you note the polarity on each of the 3 wires for each motor.

Theres no polarity per se.
There's no chance of any damage when hooking up motors just possible reverse rotation.
If the new motors spin in the wrong direction then just swap ANY two of the three wires.

Reactions: dayvee10
Or you can just make sure you install the new cw and ccw motors in original positions and match the wire colours. Hardest part will be getting the shell open.

Reactions: dayvee10
Or you can just make sure you install the new cw and ccw motors in original positions and match the wire colours. Hardest part will be getting the shell open.
This is good point. It was my assumption the correct motors, as determined by shaft thread, were in the proper locations.

Thanks love this forum should be a selling point for dji.

This is good point. It was my assumption the correct motors, as determined by shaft thread, were in the proper locations.
Your assumption is almost certainly correct re the current motors. Someone, like me as an example, would probably remove all old motors first then i might have an issue.

Split the bird last night ( what a job ) and new motors arrive today should be installing them tonight so fingers crossed no other damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic