Epic Alpine Glacier climb with Phantom 2, Hard core test

Reaction score
I recorded this video two days ago at a glacier about 400kms from home. I was flying at about 200 feet above the ice all the way up, the helicopter you see at the half way mark was flying at 500 feet. This glacier has retreated about 1km in the last ten years since my last visit here and currently retreats between 50cm to 1 metre a day! Anyway, I hopr you enjoy another video showing what the mighty Phantom is capable of

http://youtu.be/T-LWpPsoCKk

Very Nice!! Was that a full size helicopter @ 2:05 seconds? It just seemed to disappear??

jimandsue60 said:
Very Nice!! Was that a full size helicopter @ 2:05 seconds? It just seemed to disappear??

Yes it was. Its quite deceptive how big of an area it is in that valley. The helicopter you mentioned is about 300 ft above the drone and several hundred metres away to the right. It didn't disappear, rather it just blended in with the background rock as it carried on further up the glacier. They fly tourists up near the top where they can walk on the snow and take pretty pictures for about $200 each.

PetePerrim said:
jimandsue60 said:

Yes it was. Its quite deceptive how big of an area it is in that valley. The helicopter you mentioned is about 300 ft above the drone and several hundred metres away to the right. It didn't disappear, rather it just blended in with the background rock as it carried on further up the glacier. They fly tourists up near the top where they can walk on the snow and take pretty pictures for about $200 each.

It was deceiving! Thats a bargain, they got pics and video for only $200, it cost you $1500 for yours :D How far up the glacier could you actually see the copter? Goggles or Monitor?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub