Enjoy your drones now while you can - will soon be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Enjoy your drones now while you can - will soon be banne

I see more misleading thread titles and posts on this site then any other forum I visit and when I saw the OP's attempt at an attention grabbing headline something made me want to respond. Maybe I had read to many unwarranted threads at the time had the OP was just the unlucky recipient.

Granted this hobby is a little more volatile then woodworking, BBQ ,tractors and other interests I have but lasers are a hot topic also and its not as bad on those forums as some of the stuff I see here.

Read the guidelines at the national park website.
While some NP's, such as the grand canyon, totally ban drones (except for residential areas), not all are.

Where the term "drone" has been loosely applied to mulitrotors, they are still technically known as UAV's.
THAT includes, airplanes, jets and regular helicopters, and other RC toys.
For the time being, the USA FAA has no jurisdiction over the use of them for hobby purposes.

http://home.nps.gov/news/release.htm?id=1601

This was just posted 6/20/2014.
So if you're wanting to fly in a national park, forget it.

Just be outside of the park and fly above it all you want, the park service can't control the airspace.

Oh I forgot "The Sky is Falling!"

Why do so many people think a Phantom is a weapon of mass destruction?

BruceTS said:
Just be outside of the park and fly above it all you want, the park service can't control the airspace.

Oh I forgot "The Sky is Falling!"

Why do so many people think a Phantom is a weapon of mass destruction?
If you are flying over people and could possibly be creating a hazzard and a ranger or law enforcement tells you to leave....better do it. Trying to sidestep the law is no excuse. Most officers do not know the laws on this and have to use their best judgment. Why press it?

Monte55 said:
If you are flying over people and could possibly be creating a hazzard and a ranger or law enforcement tells you to leave....better do it. Trying to sidestep the law is no excuse. Most officers do not know the laws on this and have to use their best judgment. Why press it?

The combat rangers are pretty bad ***, I'm not gonna lie, and while people may run their mouth here on the forums, one of them combat rangers will cow them like a baby-back-*****. But as Chuck Norris and Van Damme as the combat rangers are, I've seen one half drunken Navajo give 6 of them rangers all they wanted and more. At the beginning of the fight the Indian was winning, but a taser turned the tide.

It was a shame, I was really rooting for him, and he did have a point about them being on his land, but it was all for naught. :(

The strangest thing happened to me.

I was on my boat and a sneaker wave hit, it almost rolled my boat over. I managed to save my beautiful boat, but all of my spooky looking black guns and my new Phantom 2 all slid off the stern and down they went into the briny deep.

Certainly I am depressed, but at least I don't need to worry about this stuff anymore.

Oh the drama...... I guess I could worry about my beautiful bride deciding to leave me, taking all of my toys and treasure to share with some 20 year old, but after over 42 years, I think I'll just keep doing what I have always done.

~just livin' life~ ;)

Go try and fly a radio controled aircraft on a beach and see what happens. What don't you understand? They are bound to modify older guidlines to include simular devices that didn't exist when the the rules were first set.

Do I like it? No But it's not really much different.

Want to sell me your Phantom cheap before the bottom falls out?
aparently you dont understand grandfather caluse

Go try and fly a radio controled aircraft on a beach and see what happens. What don't you understand? They are bound to modify older guidlines to include simular devices that didn't exist when the the rules were first set.

Do I like it? No But it's not really much different.

Want to sell me your Phantom cheap before the bottom falls out?

I flew mine at Huntington Beach a few weeks back. It was packed. No one complained and I wasn't the only one with a drone there.

From what I understand radio controled aircraft have always been banned from national parks.

So I don't understand the drama in the thread title.

Its not if its going to be banned..its when will it be banned..well according to this article..drone flying will be banned in all national parks...its just a matter of time...before our toys will be paperweights....

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/20/nati ... /#comments
Guess it would be a disaster crashing into a pile of rocks, or snipping a few tree branch tips that remain from the wildfires that the Dept. of the Interior made worse with their ultimate wisdom. It's OK that Yellowstone almost burned to the ground as a result, but a couple of small UAV's are going to cause problems. This country, with all it's bureaucracy,has gone to ****. Seems we're next if you let it.

Guess it would be a disaster crashing into a pile of rocks, or snipping a few tree branch tips that remain from the wildfires that the Dept. of the Interior made worse with their ultimate wisdom. It's OK that Yellowstone almost burned to the ground as a result, but a couple of small UAV's are going to cause problems. This country, with all it's bureaucracy,has gone to ****. Seems we're next if you let it.
This boys toy will not become a paperweight.

Drama headlines. That's what the press does until the sheep are herded. Well they have a long way to go before there are those kinds of rules. Relax and go have fun.

Sent from my PT beating heart

This thread is very old. Someone brought it back from the dead. Nothing to see here, move along please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4