Enhanced warning zone

Reaction score
Hello Pilots. I am a new Phantom 4 Pro owner. I have unboxed and followed the step by step instructions to begin to fly. all goes great...app functions wonderfully..
I then hit GO FLY...I get "backward sensors not working"...ambient light too weak..[which light was well lite]..then pops up my MAIN PROBLEM!!

a window pops up in middle of screen saying.. .Enhanced Warning Zone
may include flight restrictions. Please confirm you want
to continue. Fly and be cautious.

I am authorized in this area [check box]

I accept full responsibility [check box]

unlocking you agree to terms and conditions [check box]

Confirm

Now this is where the confirm tab is greyed out and never allows me to engage. whole app locks up and only way out is to exit out of app...shut down copter and remote controller!

Any help in this matter will be Highly Appreciated! Thank You for your time and advice!

New Flyer

Hello Pilots. I am a new Phantom 4 Pro owner. I have unboxed and followed the step by step instructions to begin to fly. all goes great...app functions wonderfully..
I then hit GO FLY...I get "backward sensors not working"...ambient light too weak..[which light was well lite]..then pops up my MAIN PROBLEM!!

a window pops up in middle of screen saying.. .Enhanced Warning Zone
may include flight restrictions. Please confirm you want
to continue. Fly and be cautious.

I am authorized in this area [check box]

I accept full responsibility [check box]

unlocking you agree to terms and conditions [check box]

Confirm

Now this is where the confirm tab is greyed out and never allows me to engage. whole app locks up and only way out is to exit out of app...shut down copter and remote controller!

Any help in this matter will be Highly Appreciated! Thank You for your time and advice!

New Flyer
Post your location, either highlighted on a map, (Google Earth type), or the Long/Lat.
Maybe I can determine what is going on there.

Post your location, either highlighted on a map, (Google Earth type), or the Long/Lat.
Maybe I can determine what is going on there.
Thank you for your reply. I found a zone app...and i was in a warning zone by literally...75 feet. Once i exitex zone copter took to life!!! I have read in forums that some pilots have contacted airports and get permission to fly in these zones. Is that a hard process?

Thank you for your reply. I found a zone app...and i was in a warning zone by literally...75 feet. Once i exitex zone copter took to life!!! I have read in forums that some pilots have contacted airports and get permission to fly in these zones. Is that a hard process?
If you give me your location, I can determine that for you. Also, use extreme caution with apps. They are not legal for flight planning and may contain inaccuracies, omit pertinent data, and not be updated regularly.

Reactions: ravedog
If you give me your location, I can determine that for you. Also, use extreme caution with apps. They are not legal for flight planning and may contain inaccuracies, omit pertinent data, and not be updated regularly.
I am in pinellas park, fl 33781. I not sure of how to obtain lon/lat coordinance yet.

Lets slow down just a touch. As a new pilot, you do not want to even think about flying in Controlled Airspace. That's my opinion, formulated after 40+ years of flying, and holding a FAA Certified Flight Instructor Rating.
1. Depending on where in Pinellas Park you are, you are with-in the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport, (PIE), Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
2. One mile South of Pinellas Park you are in the Whitted,(SPG) Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
3. One mile East of Pinellas Park, you are entering McDill AFB, (MCF), Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
4. Your best & safest locations for flying are West of you, out towards Seminole, From Indian Rocks Beach south to Pass A Grille Beach.
Remember, I do not know anything about your local laws on hobby drone flying. You will need to make yourself aware of those.
Look at this link I have included. The blue dotted lines are the Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts
You can toggle between the Google Earth type view to locate yourself exactly, and the Airspace chart view.
Feel free to ask questions

Lets slow down just a touch. As a new pilot, you do not want to even think about flying in Controlled Airspace. That's my opinion, formulated after 40+ years of flying, and holding a FAA Certified Flight Instructor Rating.
1. Depending on where in Pinellas Park you are, you are with-in the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport, (PIE), Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
2. One mile South of Pinellas Park you are in the Whitted,(SPG) Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
3. One mile East of Pinellas Park, you are entering McDill AFB, (MCF), Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
4. Your best & safest locations for flying are West of you, out towards Seminole, From Indian Rocks Beach south to Pass A Grille Beach.
Remember, I do not know anything about your local laws on hobby drone flying. You will need to make yourself aware of those.
Look at this link I have included. The blue dotted lines are the Class D Controlled to the Surface Airspace.
VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts
You can toggle between the Google Earth type view to locate yourself exactly, and the Airspace chart view.
Feel free to ask questions

Thank you so much for all that info. I will do everything by the book. I only have to walk 75' across my street to be out of the clearwater airport space. Have a few baseball fields and football feilds to fly in. I will begin to try and find some others who fly in the area and fly and learn! So excited of this new opportunity. And hopefully a career as i have been reading about in the up coming years!

Thank you so much for all that info. I will do everything by the book. I only have to walk 75' across my street to be out of the clearwater airport space. Have a few baseball fields and football feilds to fly in. I will begin to try and find some others who fly in the area and fly and learn! So excited of this new opportunity. And hopefully a career as i have been reading about in the up coming years!
Remember, as a hobbyist, you are required to notify the manager & Air Traffic Control at any airport/heliport with-in (5) miles, prior to your flight.
You are certainly with-in (5) miles of St Petersburg-Clearwater airport. The manager's Phone # there is 727-453-7800. The manager can give you the number to the ATC.
Use caution "learning" from other local flyers. This hobby has a lot of "the blind leading the blind".

Reactions: Jody88
I am in pinellas park, fl 33781. I not sure of how to obtain lon/lat coordinance yet.
Jody just in case you need a lat/long reference again use Google browser or Google Earth. In GE add a marker then do a get info on the marker. OR just use a gps :)

Reactions: Jody88
Jody just in case you need a lat/long reference again use Google browser or Google Earth. In GE add a marker then do a get info on the marker. OR just use a gps :)
Awesome thank you! I have GE already. Will try in a little bit...GOING FLYIN! Any info on what kind of tablet (lookin for bigger screen than android phone) to get?

Remember, as a hobbyist, you are required to notify the manager & Air Traffic Control at any airport/heliport with-in (5) miles, prior to your flight.
You are certainly with-in (5) miles of St Petersburg-Clearwater airport. The manager's Phone # there is 727-453-7800. The manager can give you the number to the ATC.
Use caution "learning" from other local flyers. This hobby has a lot of "the blind leading the blind".
Thank you so much once again. I am Former MARINE CORPS and know how to follow orders!

Jody lots of reliable info from really good guys on this site. You ask and they will respond
I find the iPad Pro 9.7 meets my needs. It fits in the RC holder and is large enough to provide decent view of what your craft is doing. But have a look around and see what others suggest.
Good flying.

Jody lots of reliable info from really good guys on this site. You ask and they will respond
I find the iPad Pro 9.7 meets my needs. It fits in the RC holder and is large enough to provide decent view of what your craft is doing. But have a look around and see what others suggest.
Good flying.
Thank you! Got another problem now....my recordings while flying will not playback on my suface or (BRAND NEW SHARP TV)! Getting frustrated as to why. I have changed rexording modes from MOV to Mp4. Any thoughts??

Thank you! Got another problem now....my recordings while flying will not playback on my suface or (BRAND NEW SHARP TV)! Getting frustrated as to why. I have changed rexording modes from MOV to Mp4. Any thoughts??
That's above my pay-grade...
Someone will pop up on here soon, that can help you with that stuff.

If you are recording in 4K this high quality may be too much for your TV to run (it is for my samsung). Try recording in 1080p and see if it works on your TV. You can alway record in 4K and render in 1080 in your computer with video software. Have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik