Engines Will Not Start

Reaction score
I just setup my new Phantom 3 advanced yesterday, and seem to have an issue. When I move the control sticks to the bottom corners, the engines do not start as advertised in the owners manual. However, I can select the auto-takeoff mode, and the engines start, and it moves up to 4' in a hover as it should. I had 2 flights yesterday, and everything else seems to be working OK.

FYI...
I'm not within 5 miles of an airport or in a no fly zone. Also, I updated to the new 1.6 firmware prior to the first flight.

Do any of you experienced users have any thought as to why the engines want start using the RC? Thanks in advance for your help, and hope I'll be able to contribute to the forum as I gain some experience.

Steve

Which mode is your remote controller set to? How exactly are you trying to start your motors?

The RC is set at mode 2, and I am trying to start by moving both toggles down and to the corners. Once I start using the auto takeoff mode, all other functions on the RC seem to work fine.

Try calibrating your RC again. Make sure you do it exactly as shown in the video above.

I just setup my new Phantom 3 advanced yesterday, and seem to have an issue. When I move the control sticks to the bottom corners, the engines do not start as advertised in the owners manual. However, I can select the auto-takeoff mode, and the engines start, and it moves up to 4' in a hover as it should. I had 2 flights yesterday, and everything else seems to be working OK.

FYI...
I'm not within 5 miles of an airport or in a no fly zone. Also, I updated to the new 1.6 firmware prior to the first flight.

Do any of you experienced users have any thought as to why the engines want start using the RC? Thanks in advance for your help, and hope I'll be able to contribute to the forum as I gain some experience.

Steve
It is registered right?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have registered with the FAA, but what has that got to do with the engines not starting?

Recalibrated the RC one more time, and suddenly the engines start normally. Thanks for all the advice. Also, I just had my 4th flight on the new drone, all with Firmware v1.6 which seems to be working well for me.

Reactions: CCDD
He has to have a Internet Connection at least the 1st time on start up. Login using your DJI login info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20