Engine turned off at 6000ft

Reaction score
Guys, have you seen this video? I guess the time when this beautiful hobby of ours will be banned is just around the corner. Some irresponsible guy like this one will make it happen very soon...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbvA2xyPL8[/youtube]

That is scary and crazy but the elevation must be above sea level. Elevation does not look right 6000'.

I am also surprised how slow it was falling when he said he was powered down. Seems odd to me but don't want to test mine in a free-fall.

rrmccabe said:
That is scary and crazy but the elevation must be above sea level. Elevation does not look right 6000'.

The guy mentioned in YouTube comments that the crash probably messed up the flight data..

I just noticed that it was showing over 4000' feet and he looked closer to 500.

The guy has a death wish for sure.

I think I know who's piloting that..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXinllz7lA[/youtube]

His flytrex file wasn't synced to the video properly... he probly just slammed the two files in there and clicked save... not the brightest bulb on the tree obviously

If you watch the video assuming the flytrex data is waaayyyyy behind the video... it starts to make sense... you can even see the freefall in the data towards the end...

Everything about that video is friggin stupidity...

Cheap carbon fiber props on a $1400 bird...
5000ft altitude over a residential neighborhood...
Doesn't realize 3.06 doesn't have the descend speed to get down from that altitude...
Didn't fall from 6000ft as he claimed...
Doesn't know how to sync the data to the video...
Complete fail but posts it anyway all excited like it's "something to see"!!!

What a putz... :roll:

DBS said:

Come on, don't sugarcoat it. Tell us how you really feel :shock:

Besides pointing his camera straight into the sun for 12 mins
Ascent speed = 10-15 mph
Descent speed = ~3 mph
So Einstein flies up for 8 mins until he has 30% battery and then decides it's time to RTH
Can anyone see a potential flaw in this idiot's flight planning ?

On the bright side ...
It appears from his videos that he can't keep a quadcopter flying for long.
He keeps putting them up and they all crash.

No doubt none of those numbers matched the visual of what I see when I fly those heights.

He went 8 minutes plus before stopping. The weather will dictate the time it takes me to reach whatever height. But if I was able to fly an average 13mph it takes 1 minute to travel 1,144ft. 5,000ft generally takes 5 minutes. It then takes another 15 minutes to descend 5,000ft. That is unless you switch manual or shut props down, which I have yet to do either one.

That guy started his descent at 2.9mph which makes me think he must of had the v3.0 firmware which was the known for that slow speed.

I don't believe this is genuine. Coming down, at 2500ft for example I hazard a guess that it's no more than 600 ft up. Just looks nowhere like the heights stated. Show us the crash too!?

flyNfrank said:
That guy started his descent at 2.9mph which makes me think he must of had the v3.0 firmware which was the known for that slow speed.

I stayed on 3.0 because it DOESN'T have the slow descent speed... it was versions after 3.0 that screwed it all up trying to avoid VRS problems... but yeah... i'm on 3.0 and i can drop like a rock if i need to :ugeek:

This slow decent drives me crazy and I am afraid I am gonna eventually and accidentally pull the stick to far and shut down !!, Can I back up to 3.0 somehow, I do not see the 3.0 file, if I wanted, has someone archived it and could e-mail it to me if I ever wanted to do this for a special purpose. ??

Doug Doty...

Unfortunately I don't think you can back up to 3.0 as I haven't seen it as a download.

You won't shut the motors off in flight by holding down on the left stick. You COULD shut them down in flight, but ONLY if you perform a CSC.

rrmccabe said:
DBS said:

Come on, don't sugarcoat it. Tell us how you really feel :shock:

Its a idiot, but got what he deserved. A 580€ ticket.

DBS said:
flyNfrank said:

I stayed on 3.0 because it DOESN'T have the slow descent speed... it was versions after 3.0 that screwed it all up trying to avoid VRS problems... but yeah... i'm on 3.0 and i can drop like a rock if i need to :ugeek:

Ok then it must have been the v3.2 firmware that was around for less then a day and they pushed v3.4 quick.

I had v3.0 and had full intentions on don't updating. I then lost the quad in a cornfield near my house. I order a new vPlus and when it arrived sadly it had v3.4 already installed from the production line.

We use to be able to go back to v3.0 but they stopped it.

I was hoping with hackers we have that one of them would tweak things up for us, but so far....no such luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4