Engine Start

Reaction score
OK Guys: I am a new owner. Just had the copter out of the box a few days. I have watched all of the videos and read all the books. I have calibrated the compass, done everything per the instructions. Sometimes the engines start and sometimes they don't. What am I doing wrong?

Also, there is a new firmware upgrade out. The instructions are not very clear. Can someone walk me through the process and after it's done, what needs recalibrating.

Love the machine and am learning to fly. It's more complex than the Airbus I fly at work.

Thanks for any input. jr

Which Phantom do you own? All your new software should have been installed by your dealer so you should be good but you will want to go on your software and make sure, It should tell you what you have installed and if it has an upgrade! Not sure why yours would be starting sometimes and not others, When they don't start do you get six green flashes from your LED?

I have the basic Phantom. When logged into the software assistant, a message pops up saying there is an update. Now the engines seem to be starting fine. I did a basic IMU cal and a compass cal. I may not have given it enough time to warm up. Thanks. jr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.