Enabling NAZAM

Reaction score
I have just connected my PV2 to the assistant and enabled NAZAM mode.

It exhibited some suspicious behaviour. After selecting the mode, Sw1 correctly gave me the choice in position 3 of Failsafe return or Failsafe return and land. As I moved the switch the blue bar in the assistant moved accordingly.

However when I went into Advanced and enabled IOC the blue bar did not light up. I toggled the NAZAM tab and then returned and the blue bar lit up briefly under Off (the switch was in the up postn.) After a second the blue bar went out. I then exited the assistant and reloaded it. Now when I selected IOC the blue bar appeared and moved as I moved the switch.

Has anyone else had this odd behaviour ?

Do I need to do anything else such as rebinding the Controller to the PV2 ?

Many thanks for any advice.

Hello, sorry if I'm getting wrong end of the stick:

In NAZAM mode

S1 gives you GPS>ATTI>selectable ATTI/FAILSAFE/MANUAL
S2 gives you OFF>COURSE LOCK>HOME LOCK when IOC has been selected on in the Assistant.

When plugged in to the Assistant you should be able to see the relevant options change as you move those respective switches whilst looking at the appropriate Assistant tabs.

Yes, that is what I got in the end except I had two choices of Failsafe (one was to return and the other was return and land)

The problem I had was that the software did not initially recognise the movement of Sw2 when I moved it. I had to reconnect the PV2 and reload the assistant a couple of times before the switch moved the blue bar.
It all seems to work now as I have just been out testing. The difference between Home & Course lock is easy to understand in real flight :).
I do like the feeling of having Home Lock as a couple of times yesterday I had moments of anxiety when I realised I had no idea which way I was flying !

I absolutely love this thing and I can now understand why there is so much discussion about range extending.

Home lock can certainly be useful if you weren't paying attention to your orientation then lose wifi link and you are at the edge of visual. Of course if only works if you have a good satellite link and had recorded a good home point. I haven't come across a use for Course lock yet, but I guess if you've never flown RC quads before you could use it to take a sideways-on tracking video shot along a straight path just by keeping some back or forward right stick on...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4