Enable synchronized gimbal yaw pan

I wondered the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Enable Sync Gimbal Pan Follow is an advanced gimbal setting (default ON) that has the camera move with the yaw stick (if you wiggle the yaw stick on the ground the camera moves). This is active in FPV and Follow modes and is supposed to help anticipate turns and keep the camera more centered.

Mine is off to give me a smoother yaw for video

Reactions: Sim597
Enable Sync Gimbal Pan Follow is an advanced gimbal setting (default ON) that has the camera move with the yaw stick (if you wiggle the yaw stick on the ground the camera moves). This is active in FPV and Follow modes and is supposed to help anticipate turns and keep the camera more centered.

Mine is off to give me a smoother yaw for video
Is there anything more you can tell us? I mean, lol ok you summed it up but.....still

Is there anything more you can tell us? I mean, lol ok you summed it up but.....still
Hahah

Practical test is the best teacher ;)

Try with the settings on and off and yaw the craft and you will see the difference in the video smoothness..

Hahah

Practical test is the best teacher ;)

Try with the settings on and off and yaw the craft and you will see the difference in the video smoothness..
Oh, I've tested it! Lol
I have mine off too, but that's because I firmly believe all, ALL P4s have some tilted horizon issues, I don't care who you are or what you say, gimme your p4 and I'll show you, don't even have to give it to me, because deep down we all know it's an issue, some don't care, some don't catch it, some deal (like me) and some write terribke reviews based on that. I overlook this flaw and hope one day it gets fixed a little better, doubt they will ever make it right

Oh, I've tested it! Lol
I have mine off too, but that's because I firmly believe all, ALL P4s have some tilted horizon issues, I don't care who you are or what you say, gimme your p4 and I'll show you, don't even have to give it to me, because deep down we all know it's an issue, some don't care, some don't catch it, some deal (like me) and some write terribke reviews based on that. I overlook this flaw and hope one day it gets fixed a little better, doubt they will ever make it right

I never said this fixes the horizon issue, you care or you dont, does not make a difference to me, you asked a question and i answered it and you assume that it fixes the gimbal...

My p4 has horizon issues that happ after the firmware update.
The gimbal yaw setting is for more smoother yaw effects in video... thats it, try it and see the differece.

I never said this fixes the horizon issue, you care or you dont, does not make a difference to me, you asked a question and i answered it and you assume that it fixes the gimbal...

My p4 has horizon issues that happ after the firmware update.
The gimbal yaw setting is for more smoother yaw effects in video... thats it, try it and see the differece.
Well, that's fine, but just to clarify, I didn't mean you in particular Kans, that was more for others, the TiHo issue. The panning option is good to have the ability to turn on and off. I hoped it might have some affect on TiHo (tilted horizon) but sadly it did not.
I'm of the mindset that more options is better, pile the options on! Just because I don't really use an option doesn't mean I'd rather not have it. This is one of them, I guess some pros or perhaps some shooting thing I've not come across could need this turned off to get that shot, or what the photographer wants.

Oh, I've tested it! Lol

All DJI drones, and all other drones that I know of, calibrate their horizontal gimbal axis based on the the ground they are sitting on when turned on. If you are not on perfectly level ground, your horizon will be off by exactly that same amount.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic