Emerging Unmanned Threats

Interesting read on the pdf report - they have been using them for years it seems for aerial surveillance - however now more than ever they are in use and being fitted with IED's and grenades.

Scary stuff - haven't read the whole thing yet but intend to - thanks for posting!

That report doesn't say much for Phantoms beyond reconnaissance.
They recognise that payloads are only going to be about 10% of the weight of the drone.
You can't cause much trouble with 130 grams of payload.
There are lots more effective methods

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
That report doesn't say much for Phantoms beyond reconnaissance.
They recognise that payloads are only going to be about 10% of the weight of the drone.
You can't cause much trouble with 130 grams of payload.
There are lots more effective methods
They must not have any drones in Australia besides Phantoms?

This report talks about "drones" not just DJI products.
And it also states that payload capacity can be as much as 20% of the aircraft's GTOW, allowing some to have payload capacities in excess of 5 kg. That is considerably more than the 1/4 lb you have them limited to.

They must not have any drones in Australia besides Phantoms?

This report talks about "drones" not just DJI products.
And it also states that payload capacity can be as much as 20% of the aircraft's GTOW, allowing some to have payload capacities in excess of 5 kg. That is considerably more than the 1/4 lb you have them limited to.
I read the whole report and realise it's drawing together information on a lot of platforms.
As I mentioned in the first line I was only commenting on how it related to the Phantom.
There's nothing in the report suggesting that a Phantom might be used as an offensive weapon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers