Emergency cutoff??

Reaction score
I was trying to fly my P3P in my LR and it started to drift and it flew into the kitchen (kitchen and LR are connected to each other) and crashed right into the fridge, but I couldn't stop the blades from spinning until I tossed a towel over it to stop.

Yes, I know I'm a DA, and yes I know it wasn't a good idea to fly it in my home.

So, how the ----- do you stop these killers next time something like this happens?

Please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

i'm stealing this picture from @msinger .. hope he doesnt mind :) the following stick command will kill the motors. dont do it when flying, the aircraft will fall and crash.

p3-csc-jpg.62581

Either position will turn the motors on/off.

I was trying to fly my P3P in my LR and it started to drift and it flew into the kitchen (kitchen and LR are connected to each other) and crashed right into the fridge, but I couldn't stop the blades from spinning until I tossed a towel over it to stop.

Yes, I know I'm a DA, and yes I know it wasn't a good idea to fly it in my home.

So, how the ----- do you stop these killers next time something like this happens?

Please and thank you

Not to be slightly more rude than my fellow forum members... But what business did you have trying to fly a blender inside your house without understanding the most basic of safety features?

Glad no animals/humans were harmed in your "testing". Just one drone.

Not to be slightly more rude than my fellow forum members... But what business did you have trying to fly a blender inside your house without understanding the most basic of safety features?

Glad no animals/humans were harmed in your "testing". Just one drone.

2 reasons.
1, my cousin is visiting me from NY.
2, it's been raining here for the past 3 days.

No biggy.

2 reasons.
1, my cousin is visiting me from NY.
2, it's been raining here for the past 3 days.

No biggy.

Fair enough. And to slightly make up for my ball-busting... one(ish) piece of advice.

Never rush flying. Don't fly to show off to your friends... don't rush out the door because the sun is about to go down... don't try something extra-difficult when you're at 40% on your last battery of the day... and definitely don't fly indoors (even in a large house!) until you get comfortable with all aspects of the flight system.

Just like flying a real aircraft (which, let's be honest, this little UAS sort of is)... don't take unnecessary risks.
There are plenty of unknowns out there waiting to get you. Don't add fuel to fire.

~~~

To be fair... I've taken plenty of calculated risks... like flying over urban areas... or flying in high winds... or flying long distance out-of-control-range fully autonomous flights...
But each time, I sit down beforehand and think about all the risks involved.

Oh, and definitely read the manual... :-D

Last edited:
Reactions: Double_DoubleG
Fair enough. And to slightly make up for my slight ball-busting... one(ish) piece of advice.

Never rush flying. Don't fly to show off to your friends... don't rush out the door because the sun is about to go down... don't try something extra-difficult when you're at 40% on your last battery of the day... and definitely don't fly indoors (even in a large house!) until you get comfortable with all aspects of the flight system.

Just like flying a real aircraft (which, let's be honest, this little UAS sort of is)... don't take unnecessary risks.
There are plenty of unknowns out there waiting to get you. Don't add fuel to fire.

~~~

To be fair... I've taken plenty of calculated risks... like flying over urban areas... or flying in high winds... or flying long distance out-of-control-range fully autonomous flights...
But each time, I sit down beforehand and think about all the risks involved.

Oh, and definitely read the manual... :-D

Great advise Shammyh.
I appreciate your honesty.

Fly safe buddy.

Reactions: Shammyh
I think the #5 reason for crashing is 'showing the Phantom to someone else'. It's amazing how jealous they are of your attention. Let your mind wander and whoosh - it gets mad at you and runs into a tree.

(The first four are not Reading The Instructions).

Some folks in these forum have had their already landed AC dipping while foolishly (following the manual...) shutting down it via CSC (instead just keeping the left stick down). If some prop then gets stuck then it seems that in some circumstances the CSC does not work anymore and the only (?) way is to grab out the battery?

Some folks in these forum have had their already landed AC dipping while foolishly (following the manual...) shutting down it via CSC (instead just keeping the left stick down). If some prop then gets stuck then it seems that in some circumstances the CSC does not work anymore and the only (?) way is to grab out the battery?

Omg!! I agree with you matti. Every time I try to power it down by bring the left stick down, it flips over and spins the blades in a read bad way.
Other then that, I just press RTH and just catch it.

Every time I try to power it down by bring the left stick down, it flips over and spins the blades in a read bad way

Really? I meant to say that shutting down the motors via CSC might flip the AC and damage a jammed motor.

But shutting the motors by keeping left stick down works OK.

That said, I usually now hand-catch and shut the motors by keeping the left stick down.

Omg!! I agree with you matti. Every time I try to power it down by bring the left stick down, it flips over and spins the blades in a read bad way.
Other then that, I just press RTH and just catch it.

it should not flip if using left all the way straight down, 3 seconds later it will shut off.
if you are doing this and still flip you may be slightly pushing left or right vs straight bottom.

The CSC will more often than not flip the quad on landing....

it should not flip if using left all the way straight down, 3 seconds later it will shut off.
if you are doing this and still flip you may be slightly pushing left or right vs straight bottom.

The CSC will more often than not flip the quad on landing....
I have used CSC many times after landing to shut down motors. Never had my quad flip because of that. But, I don't bring them down at Exactly the same time. First down with left stick immediately followed by right stick.

I have used CSC many times after landing to shut down motors. Never had my quad flip because of that. But, I don't bring them down at Exactly the same time. First down with left stick immediately followed by right stick.

yep no issue when doing exactly correct, csc not inherently bad in itself!
but many , many posts over years of folks slightly missing......that exact spot.. and over she/he/it goes

so many recommend simply the left down to eliminate the mistakes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj