Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Electromagnetic Interference

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by PhantomGib, Jan 13, 2016.

1. PhantomGib

So my drone wont calibrate today, i'm standing in a field with no metal around me, only thing is there is snow on the ground. I cleared a spot to take off from and theirs snow in the air so i think its safe to fly in. However without it calibrating i will not risk flying. Any suggestions? Firmware is up to date on Aircraft, Batteries, and RC

2. With The Birds

I would try calibrating in a different spot. There may be something you cant see effecting the magnetic field.

3. PhantomGib

I also have come down with a problem with my remote today also, I update the firmware as per instructions on the GO app, and now it comes up with an FPGA hardware error. Very strange, i opened a support line with DJI but I'm curious if anyone has a quick fix?

4. Keith Lampman

THIS WORKS FOR ME

images (1).jpg

#4 Keith Lampman, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  5. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Why do you feel the need to calibrate the compass?
    Have you added or removed items from the drone or have you traveled >100 miles from home?
    Compass calibration is not necessary every flight and give the incidents of users unnecessarily recalibrating in bad locations and causing problems for their Phantoms, you might be safer not recalibrating so often.
    Read this to get a better understanding of what compass calibration does and when it's necessary.
    It wil help you to fly safer.

6. Rumbaar

There is frozen water (snow) in the air and you are looking to fly? I guess that's something I'd not do, like flying it in the rain. You'll have condensation and water all over the craft, not designed to operate in rain.

7. PhantomGib

it was not snowing out at the time my original post was incorrect, there was only snow on the ground, and i had just came back from flying at our camp which is 250 miles away