Electrical cargo hook for Phantom?

Unfortunately, the phantom can't carry much weight. Apnrpearly nothing if you already have gimbal and fpv setup.

I would hope the manufacturer would do some market research and see the popularity of the Phantom and design for it. We'll see. Either way, somebody will make this if they haven't already.

Nah. It can carry some. Not a lot, but some. There are a number of people who've strapped additional phones to the Phantom for various reasons, as well as all sorts of accessories. You'd at least be able to take up a small payload with a parachute. The trick would be how to release it.

Not legal in most countries either, unless you have a commercial licence.

I think it is the Chicago Convention or something like that which precludes model aircraft from carrying or dropping loads and classifies them as commercial aircraft. The only exception being sweet drops at organised flying displays.

ProfessorStein said:
Nah. It can carry some. Not a lot, but some. There are a number of people who've strapped additional phones to the Phantom for various reasons, as well as all sorts of accessories. You'd at least be able to take up a small payload with a parachute. The trick would be how to release it.
There's some YouTube videos of a guy that put a hook on his phantom. All he does is tilt it enough and the payload drops. He dropped a kids toy with a parachute. He also used this for surf fishing by flying out from the beach and dropping his bait far offshore while he was on the beach with his fishing rod.

I also think these will become a very popular accessory for future Phantoms --- I'm sure Amazon will use them for product returns back to the distribution centers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzqq_Juicok[/youtube]

I unfortunately don't be any video but I had the Phantom 2 vision+ V1 and what I did was opened the shell and attached a mini servo to the servo port that would normally control the zenmuse gimbal's tilt.

I installed the gimbal lever on the remote and once powered up and connected to the app, the camera only responded to the app and not the lever, only the servo responded to the lever. I attached the servo to the belly of the phantom behind the gimbal and used the servo arm as the hook.

I made a parachute with a loop on the top of the chute that I could slip over the servo arm and presto!! I could brop my daughters teddy bears from 100 ft up.

Tip: avoid trees unless you want a crying 6 year old mad at you for the rest of the day.

It's simply just not gonna work on a phantom, it take a payload of 8kg! and I'm really trying hard to figure out what you would use it for realistically except search and rescue and with being able to lift 8kg you are looking at a very big drone, not every drone as they market it.

That is cool,
My first quad was a WLToys V222, one of the accessories was ( hook and basket ) you could lower hook on string to pickup basket ( bit hard to do ) but fun,
Here is a pic:
A1221142-9913-46C1-AB60-1266B6FE5E41_zpsypnlq4bl.jpg

5A66FC05-8DB7-4C7D-97D3-121A9B8956A9_zpsg91whv8a.jpg

FE31811D-ED22-4695-A66D-24D876791C78_zpsliwbaqaq.jpg

Now if they could make one of these for the phantom, THAT would be cool, could also use it in retrieval missions ( phantom in tree ect ) if it could pick one up! Lol.

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie