Electric Screwdrivers

Reaction score
Curious if anyone is using a small electric screwdriver with a 2mm head (for the phantom).

I'm always taking my shell apart for something and im getting tired of using a manual screwdriver.

Thanks

I know what you mean but I'm scared if I do use one I might strip one of those little suckers and then have a mess sure enough :shock: I trust what I can feel with my fingers a lot more . I use a little handle that has a swivel on top and can get that top off in a few minutes . JMHO

I just purchased a precision screw driver set from Lowes for under $7... The extension is the right length for the screws near the legs. More bits than you'll need. I also have the previous version that has an interesting drive system, planer gear drive. The bits have held up very well.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGnFM-zUkjE[/youtube]

Also Looked at the "General Tools & Instruments Power Precision Screwdriver", but like was said above not sure I want to strip out any threads if it was possible with the tool.

That's a nice one Fdnyfish and have one similar but went with this one and like I said I can get that top off quick. This is the one I ended up with and has all the ends I need for mine but they were kinda proud of em :lol: I do wish I had a longer one for that one screw by the compass leg as it's the hardest one for me to get to . The red top swivels and I just keep one finger down on it while turning the shaft .

Attachments

• Driver set.jpg
    Driver set.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 604
I would not use electric but use a T spinner allen wrench like this.
As soon as you have loosened it, spin the top and its undone in a couple of seconds.

The long shaft one clears the bottom of the legs with the quad upside down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 14.11.47.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 14.11.47.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 472
I have a small hand driver and the T-handle in the robinb picture. Works great. Like dirk, I would be concerned on stripping with power.

I use a igo its old school don't think they still sell them anymore I use it once in awhile on my rc , and electronics . Like dirkclod said you can strip the heads been their done that on other RC's for the most part I go hand on the phantom . If my Igo quits I will order something like this or upgrade for the one with the LED . Just be carful real pain to get out a stripped head :x
http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools...32352&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=eletc+screwdriver

Monte55 said:
I would be concerned about using an electric screwdriver anywhere near the compass.
Would not recalibrating the compass take care of that ?

TruColors » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:13 am

What I wannt to know is... what store sells 2mm bits? Home Depot and Autozone... don't. I want some TODAY.

Wal-Mart has them in kits ,cheap ;)

dirkclod said:
Monte55 said:
I would be concerned about using an electric screwdriver anywhere near the compass.

Not always a strong magnetic field can damage the compass.

I don't think it would damage the compass but it could affect it. For the ones that don't do compass calibration but once in a blue moon, it could be a problem.

dirkclod said:
I know what you mean but I'm scared if I do use one I might strip one of those little suckers and then have a mess sure enough :shock: I trust what I can feel with my fingers a lot more . I use a little handle that has a swivel on top and can get that top off in a few minutes . JMHO

I'm way to old to strip. :)

But, in my younger days, we used drill clutches to do most tasks. But, I wouldn't do that on a Phantom. There is one type of screwdriver that can be handy. I'm not sure of the name, but it speeds up and when turning left and right, both movements make right turns, vice versa. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

dirkclod said:
Monte55 said:

TruColors » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:13 am

What I wannt to know is... what store sells 2mm bits? Home Depot and Autozone... don't. I want some TODAY.

Wal-Mart has them in kits ,cheap ;)

Try Amazon. It saves gas and those darn dents from people who can not park, open a door or use a cart without denting your vehicle!

Hi,

Be ready to buy a new shell if you think you can use anything but a hand powered wrench and/or screwdriver. It you tighten even just the slightest too much the brittle plastic will crack and even break.

By the time the clutch would even start to slip the damage would be already done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20