El Dorado Skate Park - Memorial Day 2014

Nice video! Some tips for your next session (and edit):
- keep the phantom lower and closer to the action
- try not to follow people around but "meet them" in your shots. Let them appear and disappear in your frame
- avoid using yaw during shots. OK for framing but between in and out points no yaw (it's ugly)
- remove more footage in the edit. Keep only the very best. Better to have one minute of absolutely stunning shots than 4 minutes of mediocrity with some stunning shots hidden in there. Less is more!

Keep up the good work!

Nice flying! Tracking moving objects is hard to do. I liked the switching in and out of slow motion and the soft focus transitions.

WillemvdK said:
Nice video! Some tips for your next session (and edit):
- keep the phantom lower and closer to the action
- try not to follow people around but "meet them" in your shots. Let them appear and disappear in your frame
- avoid using yaw during shots. OK for framing but between in and out points no yaw (it's ugly)
- remove more footage in the edit. Keep only the very best. Better to have one minute of absolutely stunning shots than 4 minutes of mediocrity with some stunning shots hidden in there. Less is more!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the tips, I totally appreciate the feedback. I know what you mean about getting closer to the action. I'm still getting used to the perspective and even changing formats (2.7/1080) affects how close or far things look. More pilot time under my belt should remedy that ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic