Ekon h9

Reaction score
Hi everybody, has anyone ever heard of the Ekon H9 4k camera, I was wondering if it would fit in a h3/h4-3d Gimbel. The guy at the store said that it was mad to look and be exactly like a gopro but for 1/4 of the price

Hi everybody, has anyone ever heard of the Ekon H9 4k camera, I was wondering if it would fit in a h3/h4-3d Gimbel. The guy at the store said that it was mad to look and be exactly like a gopro but for 1/4 of the price

The price is cheap enough but the USB ribbon will not work with that camera because USB connector on the camera is reversed. The other thing is it the same width and depth and it may not be.

@Ethan i was wondering the same thing. I am getting an eken h9 soon. Have you found anything else on it? Have you tried it on your gimbal yet?

No not yet I am getting a new gimbal soon and I don't have the camera yet... I emailed eken and they said that all of the dimensions of ekan h9 are the same as the hero 4 @Djinn

I hope so. I will be getting my eken soon so ill see but just so yiu know you will need an adapter from mini usb to micro usb for the camera to connect to the gimbal. If i get my camera before you get your gimbal ill tell you if it works. If you get your gimbal first can you respond and tell me how it works? Thanks

If both of intend to use the ekan h9 on a zenmuse gimbal it will not work because the USB connector is facing the back of the camera

A short usb extension cable can fix that right?

First off what kind of gimbal are you going to mount it if any? What transmitter and receiver are you going to use? Do you know for a fact that the USB connector on this camera even outputs a video signal.

You can buy a JS 4000 camera for less but it will not fit on Zenmuse gimbal as it's a bit larger then a GoPro. You can also buy used GoPro 3+ black and Hero 4 black for half the price on ebay but not with all the accessories. Who needs the accessories if all you're going to do is mount it on a quad.

Last edited:
Dang you are right... the eken h9 does not output audio or video out the usb port, but he hdmi port. I guess ill return the camera once i get it and get a gopro silver 3+ or something.

Dang you are right... the eken h9 does not output audio or video out the usb port, but he hdmi port. I guess ill return the camera once i get it and get a gopro silver 3+ or something.

The big question is what you were going to mount the camera on. Did you intend to mount it on a gimbal and which kind?

Have you notice that each I answer your questions or post a reply that I quote your post? There is a reply button down in the lower right corner and it not only is use to quote but also highlights the flag in the gray bar with a red number so those replying to your question know they have an answer.

The big question is what you were going to mount the camera on. Did you intend to mount it on a gimbal and which kind?

Have you notice that each I answer your questions or post a reply that I quote your post? There is a reply button down in the lower right corner and it not only is use to quote but also highlights the flag in the gray bar with a red number so those replying to your question know they have an answer.
Sorry im on the app so I literally just figured out how to do that :) i have a zenmuse h3-3d and I intend to mount it on that.But that doesnt really matter anymore due to some issues i found i will be getting a gopro instead.

Sorry im on the app so I literally just figured out how to do that :) i have a zenmuse h3-3d and I intend to mount it on that.But that doesnt really matter anymore due to some issues i found i will be getting a gopro instead.

I purchased both the 3+ black and hero4 black used at half of what it would have cost new. Of course I use my cameras for other thing other the P2 and have enough hardware for two cameras but I hero a hero 2, 3+silver/black and hero 4 black. The h3-3d is a nice gimbal and works great on windy days.

Now all you need to do is get a good FPV system if you don't already have one.

Hi jason, this is the gimbal I would get
DYS 3-axis Smart GoPro Brushless Gimbal

If that is what you want fine but you'd have to modify how it is mounted and wired to your P2. Myself I'd prefer to mount a plug n play gimbal that was designed for the P2 and be done with it.

If you live in the US www.bhphotovideo.com has the h4-3d new for $284.99 or a use one for $229.95. I bought mine used from them and there wasn't
a mark on it and it work s perfectly. Look I'm 77 on a fixed income and don't have money to waste on junk that needs to be modified in order to use it.

I believe the camera is a Eken, I just bought one for $46, got it for my 8 year old son as he was begging for one, but wasn't about to drop $300-$400 on a "real" GoPro. I am building a quad right now, so maybe I'll rig it up in it somehow, not for FPV, but for video recording. For $46, how can you go wrong???

I believe the camera is a Eken, I just bought one for $46, got it for my 8 year old son as he was begging for one, but wasn't about to drop $300-$400 on a "real" GoPro. I am building a quad right now, so maybe I'll rig it up in it somehow, not for FPV, but for video recording. For $46, how can you go wrong???

Maybe because the Eken USB connector is backwards and doesn't output video or audio.

Is this the one?
EOSCN H9 Waterproof 2" CMOS 12MP UHD 4K Wi-Fi Action Camera w/ Ultra-wide Fish-eye Lens - Black(SKU 408985) - DX Offers - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Try rigging it up. It has the usb ports on the correct side.
I noticed 4K @10fps. That is unusable IMO.
Sounds good for 1080p@60fps though.

Go back and look at that cameras photo #6 the USB connector is facing the back of the camera which will not work on a h3-3d which the OP has. Plus the fact the cameras 4.3cm to dept where a GoPro is only 2 cm. Then the USB port doesn't output video nor audio but HDMI does which doesn't work with the P2's FPV system. If you didn't look at the specs 4K @10fps and 2.7K @15fps not go for ultra hd video footage at those frame rates

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.