Einstein's Theory of General Relativity

If you are on a train travelling 240km/hr and you take off (inside the train) in P-Mode and hover, w

• Total voters
Reaction score
If you are on a train travelling 240km/hr and you take off (inside the train) in P-Mode and hover, will your Phantom hit the back back wall of the train or stay hovering in the same spot?

Stand up in landing plane, or jump up, in a bullet train... ;-)

What? Did you think the volume of air would miraculously transport you... Or cushion the smack!! Ha
You waited all this time, for this first post, How's the drone...?

RedHotPoker

I mean if the train is travelling at a constant speed, you can throw an apple in the air (inside the train) and it wont move backwards. With the drone in P-Mode it uses GPS to stay in the same spot. That stated it should hit the back of the train?
Haha i was recently on a train carrying the drone and i pondered up such a thought :)
The Phantom is great.
PS any thoughts on patching this hairline crack with some super glue?

Attachments

• IMG_20160831_183156.jpg
    IMG_20160831_183156.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 338
Some adhesives use chemicals that may not be advantageous to your shell material. Can cause them to weaken or even deteriorate.
There are other better ointments to soothe your split and chaffed baby. ;-)

You need a Mr.Fixit remedy? JB Weld comes to mind.
JB Weld | World's Strongest Bond
Did that happen on the train? Hehe

RedHotPoker

I didn't know that. Ill look into a good product thanks for the tip.
The crack has grown over a while, probably since i carry it in a normal backpack with no foam keeping it tight or safe, so gets knocked around a little.

Very good point.
So if it was in A-mode then, it would hit the back of the train unless the Phantom could fly as fast as the train.

How would GPS find its "Home" position if it's constantly moving?
The planet is constantly moving too, our universe hurtles through space at light speed. ;-)
We fly around the giant Sun star once a year, the planet does one revolution around its axis every day.

RedHotPoker

Very good point.
So if it was in A-mode then, it would hit the back of the train unless the Phantom could fly as fast as the train.

If you mean A-mode = Atti. mode... No, assuming the train car is enclosed, no drafts, etc.
The air inside the cab is moving at the same speed as the train.

How will the phantom get a gps fix with a metal roof in a train . Why is not every fly that takes off in a car moving slammed to the back window. Why are we not skidded across the surface of the earth as it spins. . How could a plane possibly fly and get anywhere against the rotation of the earth . This is all dumb.

How will the phantom get a gps fix with a metal roof in a train . Why is not every fly that takes off in a car moving slammed to the back window. Why are we not skidded across the surface of the earth as it spins. . How could a plane possibly fly and get anywhere against the rotation of the earth . This is all dumb.
The train has windows, so probably a GPS fix will be possible.
If you take off in P-mode, I think the control SW will likely make a mistake, because of the fast changing position.
I would not try that. In A-mode you could give it a try if you are more curious than attached to the drone ;)

GR has nothing to do with your thought experiment. It is Newtons laws of motion that will easily help you to predict the outcome.
Newton's First Law states that an object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force. It may be seen as a statement about inertia, that objects will remain in their state of motion unless a force acts to change the motion. So it will remain in the same motion and not hit the wall without a force acting to change the motion...

Consider the opposite scenario. The aircraft is hovering inside a non-moving train. The train then begins to move......

In P mode, you'd hit the back of the train (assuming you had satellite contact) because it would try to maintain it's original GPS position. If you were in Atti mode (assuming no air movement ir outside influences), it would hover in place.

The key to this question, and the reason most people have gotten it wrong in the survey, is because they didn't pay attention to the details of the question. They missed the "P" part.

The planet is constantly moving too, our universe hurtles through space at light speed. ;-)
We fly around the giant Sun star once a year, the planet does one revolution around its axis every day.

RedHotPoker
Thank you. That explains this conundrum perfectly......;)

Thank you. That explains this conundrum perfectly......;)
Go on, make others laugh too!! Hahaha

Having my daily fun, without doing harm unto others... ;-)

Conundrum you say, Hmmmm.
Is there an app for those?
image.jpeg

You must be Catholic... ;-)

RedHotPoker

The really bad thing here is that it can never be tested here in the U.S. because none of our trains travel in km/h. ;)

The really bad thing here is that it can never be tested here in the U.S. because none of our trains travel in km/h. ;)
Wouldn't know, I only fly, & never take the CN or CP rails...
image.jpeg

Any resemblance to my avatar is a conundrum to me... Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31