Editing..?

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to drones and editing but I have definitely found my new favorite hobby of all time. Also, it has given me a new business opportunity. Constantly I have requests from people to film their land or event. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to edit a video on the DJI pilot app that will not skip once I upload it to Facebook, or email it to people. I am able to upload videos on YouTube and take a song off of YouTube without the song skipping, however, I am not able to save a video off of my YouTube channel directly to my phone. I am wondering if there is another editing software I can use or if I am just doing something completely wrong.

Here is the link to my latest video that reached over 2k views (which is impressive considering my others only got around 10)

After that video my phone has been lighting up with requests for me to film their events.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Typically YT and others use compression software on your uploads so they are not quite what you expect. Some software has preferential settings that are optimized for YT uploads. I find the built in editor terrible and it is utilizing a 720p recording from the device. The higher quality footage is on the card.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Typically YT and others use compression software on your uploads so they are not quite what you expect. Some software has preferential settings that are optimized for YT uploads. I find the built in editor terrible and it is utilizing a 720p recording from the device. The higher quality footage is on the card.
I use the software on the DJI app. I have tried taking the SD card out and using movie maker on my laptop, but then the quality is horrible and the actual video skips.

I use the software on the DJI app. I have tried taking the SD card out and using movie maker on my laptop, but then the quality is horrible and the actual video skips.
But I also want to be able to give physical copy's of my videos to people. But I use YouTube because that is the only thing I can do as of now that helps my videos play decent.

Sounds like your computer may not be up to the task of playing the footage. Not much you can do in that situation.
So use the DJI app and save them and they will be uploaded to Skypixel. Make your account there and you can share from there.

Sounds like your computer may not be up to the task of playing the footage. Not much you can do in that situation.
So use the DJI app and save them and they will be uploaded to Skypixel. Make your account there and you can share from there.
I use skypixel but the problem is the music with the app is so terrible haha. I have another computer I can use. Do you recommend another editing software I can try? Or should I just try Movie Maker on another computer?

You can add your own music in the DJI app. I think it is the first option.
As far as software goes I don't speak Windows so I wouldn't be of much help there.
Sorry, I'm a Mac guy.
16x16-black-social-apple-icon.png

Is there away to edit the videos with the DJI software on a computer instead of using the mobile app? Because I have tried adding music with mobile app, but I have so many pointless music files on my phone from over the years that it is almost impossible to find any new songs on my phone.

IMO you need to forget the on-board stuff and look at a low cost commercial editor such as Cyberlink Power Director or Coral Video Studio. Of these, Power Director works best, from my experience, on a relatively low spec PC, even a laptop. I have managed to edit 1920 x 1080p 30fps video on a stock AMD A10 laptop with 8GB RAM without too much trouble. Any higher resolution and it's a bit jumpy during scrubbing etc and therefore not so easy to edit efficiently. Check out their respective websites though for the full specs needed to run.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
IMO you need to forget the on-board stuff and look at a low cost commercial editor such as Cyberlink Power Director or Coral Video Studio. Of these, Power Director works best, from my experience, on a relatively low spec PC, even a laptop. I have managed to edit 1920 x 1080p 30fps video on a stock AMD A10 laptop with 8GB RAM without too much trouble. Any higher resolution and it's a bit jumpy during scrubbing etc and therefore not so easy to edit efficiently. Check out their respective websites though for the full specs needed to run.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have used every software imageable for video and photo editing. For videos I use Cyberlink Powerdirector with color director. For photos I use Lightroom and Photoshop with Topaz plugins.

Ok so I'm butting in.. I've also been looking for a way to edit my video/ pictures. Is the dji app y'all speak of worth trying? And also what's the app called? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

On my iPhone i use different apps like videoshop - thats a good one if you want to do some quick edits and post online. But if you want to get technical, you can always use programs such as iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, FCPX, AE, etc.

I use both, but always been leaning towards doing the most work on the compute just because you have more versatility to do with your footage especially have different ideas that spark while taking shots.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj