Editing video with Director - Question

Reaction score
New to all this, but I hope someone can help. So, I fly the Phantom 3 Adv, take video, land and power everything off like normal. Then, I open the Library (on the DJI Go App), select the video and begin saving 15 second clips (only 3 - 15sec clips). Then back to Library and select the 3- 15sec clips and then "make movie".
All just like the DJI tutorial says.
Now the problem - The 3 clips show up, but each clip is reduced to only 5-6 seconds. It shows the whole clip, but the yellow box inside the clip stays at 5 or 6 seconds, so my "movie" is now only 18seconds total vs. the 45 seconds I want. I have tried to make the yellow box longer, like in the original clip selection, but it doesn't work. I don't understand this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks --Jason

I am also new to this and am experiencing the exact same problem. Cutting 3 sections to 20 seconds plus each but when the movie is made it has automatically reduced each clip to about 6 seconds meaning most if the footage I wanted has been ignored. Hope someone can let me know if this is normal for this editor and if so what to use as a replacement.

Not sure what the solution is, but those videos you're editing were captured on your device and aren't the video stored on the microSD. They leave a lot to be desired. My advice is to edit the file stored on the microSD with application on your PC/Mac.

I don't use it - faced also the same issue - no patience to resolve. Card in pc/mac and do it there. Like jce and ian, i'd also like an answer. It could've been handy in the field and is so intended. minus the musak.
As unclejas wrote, the Q is only rough field Q - not that you've since found on the card - just pull it - I can't get the card through to a ipad or andipad. B pragmatic - sic

Ok. I could never get the DJI "movie maker" thing to work. Tired of spending time on it, so I downloaded another App called "10". Now, I save the segments of video I want to the Library in the DJI App, then close it and open "10" and capture the videos in that and edit as needed. It works. I haven't figured out the music addition yet, but didn't really care about that anyway. Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20