EDITING SOFTWARE FOR P4

Reaction score
Hi
I am still n newbie on the Phantom 4 and video editing. Have the drone for about 2 months now. I just want to know how you can get the best quality videos from your DJI GO app. I have cut and edit some videos in the app and downloaded it to my iPad. After posting on you tube the video quality is really bad. Is it better to download the videos to a computer and edit it from there? Or what can I do to improve the video quality?

The video recorded on the DJI-Go app is low quality (720P) and it will contain all the glitches and flickers that occur if/when the video link becomes marginal. It's really for quickie stuff, like posting to Facebook and sharing with friends.

I don't even bother caching the video. I only use the video taken from the MicroSD card.

Do you still use the DJI-GO app to edit the videos?

Tho Go app is really terrible is you want something that looks half was decent. It was good of DJI to include something in their app but it's abilities to make decent videos is extremely limited.

You can search this forum to learn what other people use and recommend to edit clips.

Tho Go app is really terrible is you want something that looks half was decent. It was good of DJI to include something in their app but it's abilities to make decent videos is extremely limited.

You can search this forum to learn what other people use and recommend to edit clips.
Thanks for the advice

The video that can be recorded in Go App has rather log and backup purpose than video editing. Useful in case you loose the microsd card (fly away etc.). Note enabling Go App video recording does demand a bit more CPU resources for your iOS/Android device.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought I had it made when I read that imovie on the Mac supports up to 4k video importing and exporting but I'm having a hard time getting anything over 1080p. As soon as I import a video it downgrades it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I thought I had it made when I read that imovie on the Mac supports up to 4k video importing and exporting but I'm having a hard time getting anything over 1080p. As soon as I import a video it downgrades it.

Yes it does. I regularly edit 4K and directly upload to YouTube in 4K from iMovie.

Yes it does. I regularly edit 4K and directly upload to YouTube in 4K from iMovie.

So here's where I hope you're gonna tell me I'm wrong and maybe give me hint what to do. Too optimistic? I have P3A so I'm trying to do 2.7k. Everything I read makes it sound like it does UP TO 4K. I found one post from someone saying it doesn't do 2.7k. I can upload direct from the computer to you tube and it works fine but that stops me from editing in imovie. Really hoping I'm missing something and someone is going to point out what it is. [emoji3]

I use Adobe Premiere for editing. It is fantastic and will render unlimited formats for different uses. This is my 2nd flight/video from my living area in China. I have about 1 day instruction using editing and this vid took 2 hours for me to edit. Comments?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik