Editing program what is everyone using for a beginner

You can find a list of commonly used editing apps here.

I use/prefer Filmora Wondershare. It's super easy to learn/use, and it has a ton of features. I believe it's around $30 for 12 months.

The program in The DJI go app is as easy to use as you will find. Low res but all you need to post on line.
Jack

Filmora here.

Davinci Resolve 12.5 is what I use. It's free but not really a beginner's program though.

For quick on the fly edits I use either the DJI Go app or the Gopro Quik app. For the PC I personally use Videopad, it's free easy, but its not too powerful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Filmora is a favorite of mine, loads fast on PC. Mobile I like the GoPro splice app or Quik. Music is included and royalty free.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have been using GoPro studio. Free, intuitive interface, can zoom, slow down, speed up, etc.

For my still images, I highly recommend the Google NIK filters. If you use Lightroom or Photoshop, they install as add-ons. But they can also be used stand alone on a PC by using the Open with option.

I've used Pinnacle Studio Ultimate for a very long time. It's now up to release 20 and it supports 4k. I'm also happy with the included music that adapts to the movie or clip length. Adobe Premiere is just too complicated for me as a novice (and always will be) and most reviews find that the case as well.
I have a pretty fast computer, but if I apply image corrections, it can take a very long time to render. That's probably because I usually shoot one clip for the entire flight. There's probably no way around that regardless of the editor you use. Extracting snapshots is a snap (no pun) and their clarity is excellent. Same size as your video.
So for me the cuts, basic transitions, color correction, music, organization and price are just what I need for my PC.
Here's a link to look at: Movie & video editing software - Pinnacle Studio 20 Ultimate
P.S. It's less at Amazon

Not free and relatively cheap but Sony Vegas has a very stream lined and powerful workflow for intermediate to advanced users. It allows for animation and other advanced functions just like higher end software packages and you can expand it with plugins.

For more advanced and commercial level work. Davinci Resolve and premiere are the best options. You can get premiere on a CC subscription for like $20 or $30 a month.

I use all three for different projects depending on what is needed and the time allowed for the work to be completed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4