Editing Help!

Reaction score
Hey there!
I'm getting ready to start cutting a short film I've been making with my Phantom and time lapses from my 5D Mark III. I've recently gotten a handle on assembling the time lapses in After Effects (thank goodness!), but feel a little lost on where to get started with my Phantom video footage. I've cut Phantom videos in GoPro Studio and have used Premiere Pro CS6 for cutting really really simple narrative work, but I want to assemble my short in Premiere since I'll be adding the time lapses and hopefully more sophisticated transitions, etc than GoPro Studio offers. What is the best way to get started? In GoPro Studio I cut down each video to just the clips I like, convert them, and then assemble the clips on the time line. Would you do something similar in Premiere? Do the clips have to be converted before bringing them into Premiere?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I usually work with an editor, but thought I'd try this one on my own... :-D
Thank you!

Yes,. the GoPro footage coming out of the GoPro isn't quite an ideal codec for editing video.

the best workflow is to trim/convert just the sections you wish to further edit in GoPro Studio, then bring the clips int Peremiere and edit away. using After Effects to do additional effects which you'd then bring back into Premiere.
you'll get the hang of it.

However, if you're shooting with Protune, you'll probably be better off using After Effects to color-grade the Protune footage first (straight from the original GoPro footage, rather than process in GoPro Studio first)

So do as I have in GoPro studio but export each cut down clip individually and export them? Should they be exported in CineForm or H264?
Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers