Editing 4k video

Reaction score
What programs do you all use? I would like a program that allows for basic cutting/editing features and minor color correction that can export in 4k. I have been using DaVinci but my exports are crap! Tons of errors in the footage even though the source footage is great.

What programs do you all use? I would like a program that allows for basic cutting/editing features and minor color correction that can export in 4k. I have been using DaVinci but my exports are crap! Tons of errors in the footage even though the source footage is great.
If you are having quality problems on DaVinci, it's likely that the program isn't the issue,rather it is some settings that you are or are not using. A tutorial on DaVinci, or just running through The Fine Manual might get you off the ground faster.

Reactions: Msteelio91
CyberLink PowerDirector 14.

I knew you'd be on here, see you over at TPF haha.

If you are having quality problems on DaVinci, it's likely that the program isn't the issue,rather it is some settings that you are or are not using. A tutorial on DaVinci, or just running through The Fine Manual might get you off the ground faster.

I checked everything I could think of after watching a ton of tutorials. It's odd too because the video is footage from two different flights and from one flight it exported fine but the second I go to a scene from the other flight it's all chopped up and messy. Everything was exactly the same settings for both flights and I edited them only once at the same session.

I use GoPro studio, my GoPro is also 4K and it is a free download I think, as is the studio Manuel. It's a great program and you can't beat the price.

Are the frame rates for both original videos the same? Mixing frame rates can cause issues.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, it works great but does have a bit of learning curve.

Filmora works great and you can buy it for 39$ I used the Adobe for months at 20 a pop because I couldn't find any other software for the 4k mov files. Try the filmora free for a month then buy it.

I use GoPro studio, my GoPro is also 4K and it is a free download I think, as is the studio Manuel. It's a great program and you can't beat the price.
I tried this but deleted it because it said my videos weren't editable since they aren't GoPro videos...

I use Premier Pro with much success.
I use Premiere Pro / After Effects as well. But it's hard to recommend it because the learning curve is steep and it's pricey compared to the competition. I would thing DaVinci lite would be an excellent way to start - I've downloaded a copy just can't seem to find the time to play with it.

These days more and more basic editors handle 4K. The other way to go about this is to transcode to 1080 and then edit with - pretty much anything. The stuttering the OP mentions could be a hardware issue with 4K although it seems like he can view some 4K without problems. Likely to be a 'simple' setting somewhere in the menus.

I use Corel Video Studio X7. It makes a good job at converting files so you can edit them with a not so powerful computer. Atte end of the editing, you get the original definition back.

Premiere pro is king. If you want fantastic training on it Lynda.com is awesome.

I know you said basic but FCPX. It is so good for the money and the built in color correction, transitions, titles, etc are just amazing. Supports up to 5k as well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know you said basic but FCPX. It is so good for the money and the built in color correction, transitions, titles, etc are just amazing. Supports up to 5k as well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks but I'm running PC!

Filmora 39$ and it works great. Try it for free.

I bought this too. You can only export up to 1080p @ 60FPS. I wish it would support 2.7K Export...I would like to see the potential of the P3S video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl