Ebay is selling FC40 for $125

I couldn't see it when I just looked.

I did see one for 400. The seller does not offer returns.

This is what ebay says: "Seller does not offer returns. You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you received an item that is not as described in the listing".

I don't have any experience with ebay.
Are they usually pretty good about guaranteeing products?

I would buy another FC40 for the right price.

Most of the FC40s being sold on eBay now are overpriced. They used to be $499 everyday price and occasionally $419 on sale. They started selling for more after they were discontinued. The good news for anyone looking for an FC40 is that The Phantom 1 is now being sold in 2.4 ghz and 5.8 ghz versions, the 5.8 being the same exact thing as an FC40 but without the camera. Amazon has been selling the P1/5.8 without even specifying which frequency it is. The FC40 camera is still available on eBay so you could buy the Phantom and camera separately and have yourself an FC40.

B&H is still waiting for a shipment of the P1/5.8. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... oller.html I recently bought the P1.1.1 (2.4) from B&H for $379 on one of their DEAL ZONE one day sales. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer the 5.8 version at the same price sometime soon after their shipment arrives.

I ran into the same thing right after Christmas. I did a buy it now on an FC40 for 200$, less than five minutes later the seller said his account was hacked and eBay had to refund my money. I bought my current FC40 off ebay for 500$ and it came with 3 extra batteries and a nice case. The phantom had less than 3 hours on it and looks and flies great. Got to be careful on eBay and scams.

Right on Woody :D

Thanks for sharing that info. I was just taking a peek on ebay and found a P1 for 360.

Your lead sounds better. Sometimes folks ***** about B&H but then again some folks ***** about me... :eek:

Thanks to you too Propking, I'll watch my step.

I found a P2 (v1) on Craigslist for $350. Claims no crashes and fully functional. Tempted.

dptcalvin said:
I found a P2 (v1) on Craigslist for $350. Claims no crashes and fully functional. Tempted.

Good eye, maybe. Too good to be true is usually just that. The P2 I saw for 360 was for parts only and didn't work, according to the seller.

I've emailed the seller requesting a live demo before purchase.

I'm on Ebay everyday and the FC 40's on there are way too over priced now, even used. Occasionally you can get some good deals on first generation phantoms, but I much prefer the FC 40.

I bought my FC40 from USHobby last year for $419, now they are price gouging at $799. Lost all respect for this dealer, will stick with B&H from now on.

SocalQuad said:
Never mind. Ebay blocked it when I try to purchase.

CAUTION I bought one before it was deleted. I soon received an email from eBay saying they deleted the item. eBay says the sellers account had been hacked. I sent payment using PayPal probably to some erroneous email. Lets just hope eBay stands behind the purchase and refunds the money since the transaction was through eBay.

Yeah I bought my FC40 from a seller on Ebay for £379 around Christmas. Now they are £489 from the same seller and people have bought some!

$499 for the FC40 and $479 for the Phantom 1.

The camera is worth $20.

Too bad DJI doesn't offer them with upgraded motors, ESCs,and OSD. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl