Ebay is flooded with P3's for sale! P4 apparently a hit

Reaction score
If one does a search on P3's you will find a boatload of them for sale. Just sold mine for $900 so I'm happy. Prices are coming down due to the number of them for sale. I'm glad I got in and got out and will be ordering a P4 very soon. So, apparently, the P4 is a "must have" for many P3 owners.

Reactions: QuadBart
Yep, if you didnt sell march 1st your taking a hit.
I feel bad for anyone who bought a p3 in febuary

Yep, if you didnt sell march 1st your taking a hit.
I feel bad for anyone who bought a p3 in febuary
Why feel bad? P3 is a great machine and with the lowered prices recently it was a great deal. I'll stick with the p3 that most bugs have been worked out of an d wait a while for the p4 to get some air time and the issues that are bound to arise to get cleared up

Just purchased my advanced in February for $799 and am very please with my decision. While the Pro was priced at $1200 I did not feel it was anywhere near the value of the advanced with the price drop. While I must admit the 4 looks pretty cool and is obviously superior, at $1400 it's out of my price range for now and my P3A is still impressing me everyday. Thanks for giving consumers so many options DJI!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I love the PIII also I still like my P twos. I feel bad for them because they could've saved $300 if they would've just waited till today and got extra batteries cases etc.

Reactions: Stovetop
I think some people are under-pricing their Pros so they can buy the P4. I think if you wait a month or two after the P4 has been out, used prices on the P3P will stabilize at probably ~800 bucks with just the basics.

Right now people are in too much a hurry to get rid of their P3Ps, driving the price down. Which I get to some degree, like "who needs two AP quads". But IMO, if you have to sell your P3P cause you need the cash for the P4, maybe you need to review your financial situation and priorities...

Personally, I will eventually buy a P4, and I'm going to keep my Advanced as a back-up...

I bought P3 Pro yesterday and don't feel bad for myself at all :) It is a neat machine, and has everything i need for aerial video. Only thing that bothers me a tiny little bit-close to none is that P4 has sharper edges on camera and longer flight time (always need more, ofc.) Obstacle avoidance can be a nice thing, but i ALWAYS look where my quad is and where i am flying. Dont really care about how the craft looks like, it looks gay anyway :) P4 even more...

After all it is just a marketing and sales thing, and people are on a hype as soon as next generation of a model arrives.

Buy, buy, buy, just be careful Phantom 4+ or 5 or RAW or something is just around the corner.

I bought P3 Pro yesterday and don't feel bad for myself at all :) It is a neat machine, and has everything i need for aerial video. Only thing that bothers me a tiny little bit-close to none is that P4 has sharper edges on camera and longer flight time (always need more, ofc.) Obstacle avoidance can be a nice thing, but i ALWAYS look where my quad is and where i am flying. Dont really care about how the craft looks like, it looks gay anyway :) P4 even more...

After all it is just a marketing and sales thing, and people are on a hype as soon as next generation of a model arrives.

Buy, buy, buy, just be careful Phantom 4+ or 5 or RAW or something is just around the corner.

Yes, it is and we all know that. It always moves rapidly forward no matter where you jump in. But no matter where you jump in, you always get left in the dust eventually. I simply choose to buy, take really good care of my tech, sell it and upgrade and repeat. Been doing that for a LONG time and it works for me. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: TiaRosa
Look for prices to continue to drop on eBay and other places since the P3 Standard is selling for $499! That's only $50 more than I paid for my 1st FC40! With a new P3P selling for $999, I really pity the guys trying to sell their P3 Standards on eBay etc. and the ones selling their P3P's as well. Not sure I remember the P2's dropping that much when the P3 was released, but maybe they did and I just don't remember.

You are assuming everyone wants or can afford a Pro or P4.. Not the case...

I see way more Pros being sold than anything else for the reason of buying a P4. I've seen only a couple Standards for sale because the person wants a P4. I think the person that bought the Standard in the first place did it for economical reasons and therefore those criteria still holds true and they won't be "moving" up....

I put my Standard up on Criagslist on Sat. or Sun. It was sold by Monday. 450.00 bucks with the only mod being the Inspire smart device holder. I talked to the guy, let him know that the P4 was coming out and that P3P used prices would come down. He knew that... Said he didn't currently have the finances for more than I was asking..

Look for prices to continue to drop on eBay and other places since the P3 Standard is selling for $499! That's only $50 more than I paid for my 1st FC40! With a new P3P selling for $999, I really pity the guys trying to sell their P3 Standards on eBay etc. and the ones selling their P3P's as well. Not sure I remember the P2's dropping that much when the P3 was released, but maybe they did and I just don't remember.

But IMO, if you have to sell your P3P cause you need the cash for the P4, maybe you need to review your financial situation and priorities...

Personally, I will eventually buy a P4, and I'm going to keep my Advanced as a back-up...
This is exactly how I feel. I got P3P at a good price. I bought it without a plan for selling it. When I get a new one the P3 will be the backup. I will get the P4 at some point or get the P5

Reactions: kennedye
Great, spare parts for my P3P just got cheaper too :D

I use Litchi and Vertical Studio for P4-like mission and object tracking functions. Forward collision detection might be useful for new flyers, but learning to fly around obstacles is handy too. The P4 redundant IMU and compass sounds pretty good though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4