ebay gimbal pitch wiring set up

Reaction score
bouught a cheap ebay gimbal, unsure what brand "basecam eletronics? Need hepl trying to set up pitch control, ive got the phantom 1 with the naza 2. has anyone sucessfully made their work etc. Ive tried youtube with no sucess. Ive got the latest 4.02 firmware and have the gimbal on the software turned on also, with a defualt setting. Calibrating gimbal toggle from behind the tx seems fine, but its not doing anything to my pitch. heres that ebay listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221350453033?ss ... 1497.l2649

You should have 2 sets of wires, one that is for 12 volts power, and the other, that may not have been pictured, for the pitch and roll controls.

On my gimbal, there are small pins that wires can connect to that came included. Take one and plug it in the top left pin on the gimbal. Then fish that wire through a leg and plug it into the Nazas lower pin on the left hand side. This will control the Pitch.

Second top pin on the gimbal, lower second left pin on the Naza controls the roll.
Activate gimbal in the assistant software.

Do you have a Phantom 1, 1.2 or 1.1.1??

Power it using the Aux power wires. Take a jumper from the F2 bottom pin from naza and plug it in to the most upper left jumper on the gimbal. Do a 6 axis advance calibration and will work like a charm

ericdes said:
You should have 2 sets of wires, one that is for 12 volts power, and the other, that may not have been pictured, for the pitch and roll controls.

On my gimbal, there are small pins that wires can connect to that came included. Take one and plug it in the top left pin on the gimbal. Then fish that wire through a leg and plug it into the Nazas lower pin on the left hand side. This will control the Pitch.

Second top pin on the gimbal, lower second left pin on the Naza controls the roll.
Activate gimbal in the assistant software.

Do you have a Phantom 1, 1.2 or 1.1.1??

I have the phantom 1.1.1 and I do have a wire from top left pin of the gimbal that's connected to the naza v2 pin "F2 lower pin" , so your saying that I also need to put a second wire that goes where exactly? Lower left which is the F1 then to control roll also?

amrflyingdude said:
Power it using the Aux power wires. Take a jumper from the F2 bottom pin from naza and plug it in to the most upper left jumper on the gimbal. Do a 6 axis advance calibration and will work like a charm

I did a calbritarion on the dji software but not sure if its the six axis though. Just the basic RC calibration, I believe its the X1 or X2 and the toggle in my tx works and moves the slider on the software.

Northwest_Scene said:
amrflyingdude said:

I did a calbritarion on the dji software but not sure if its the six axis though. Just the basic RC calibration, I believe its the X1 or X2 and the toggle in my tx works and moves the slider on the software.

Download the manual form here, I believe on page 10 shows how to do an advance calibration. Basically you need to calibrate the Gyro while holding the IMU steady in all 6 positions (one at a time)

I believe we have the same gimbal. The seller emailed me a .doc with installation instructions and various diagrams. PM me your email address and I'll gladly email you what I have. Maybe it'll help.

JaysDMC said:
I believe we have the same gimbal. The seller emailed me a .doc with installation instructions and various diagrams. PM me your email address and I'll gladly email you what I have. Maybe it'll help.

PM Sent, have you got yours wired up for pitch control?

got it to work, so i needed two wires hooked up from bottom and top of left gimbal pins which goes to f2 pins bottom and top also...now i just have to find the right pitch parameters or set up. Anyone have played with those settings?

can any one help send me the .doc setup im struggling to get this working. [email protected] please. Also how many wires do i need to have on it just 1 to the bottom pin on the naza and to the top left on the board is that corrrect.

brooker81 said:
can any one help send me the .doc setup im struggling to get this working. [email protected] please. Also how many wires do i need to have on it just 1 to the bottom pin on the naza and to the top left on the board is that corrrect.

ive got two wires. top and bottom of naza then top and bottom left side on gimbal board. Which gives me the pitch control. i upgraded to latest naza firmware also.

Northwest_Scene said:
brooker81 said:

ive got two wires. top and bottom of naza then top and bottom left side on gimbal board. Which gives me the pitch control. i upgraded to latest naza firmware also.

I have the same set up and still can't get the gimbal pitch control to work.
I have two wires coming from the NAZA F2 port. Wire 1 is on the bottom left pin of NAZA F2 going to the top left pin on the gimbal. Wire 2 is on the top left pin of NAZA f2 port going to the bottom left pin on the gimbal.
Went into NAZA assistant and turned on the gimbal switch.
Went in to the RC controls on the NAZA assistant to verify that the X1 slider on the UI is moving when I move the pitch control lever on my radio back and forth.
Performed an X1 calibration as well as a command sticks calibration
Performed an advanced IMU Calibration (twice)

After all this I still cannot get the pitch control to work. Sigh. Wondering if you folks resolved your similar gimbal issues and can help me trouble shoot this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31