Easy way to watch your start up sequence lights

Reaction score
I normally take off from a plastic lid from my storage crate. It makes checking your gps lock signals easy as you can just look down at the reflection in the plastic lid. Today I was on my own and didn't have the lid with me. I turned my iPhone off and held that under the rear lights and the reflection on that sucker works even better to watch GPS lock signal. Its a very obvious solution but thought I would share as before I thought of it I was struggling to see them in bright sunlight.

I agree with Miller on this one, I think I may be confused as to exactly what the problem is you guys are having with close range visibility of the stock LED?

I've actually modded my LED so that it faces almost completely DOWN (for better visibility in the air), removing the diffuser and making the emitter completely non-line-of-sight when on the ground...and though it's facing away, I can still see the reflection of red/green/yellow against the ground and shell.

I carry a woman's compact mirror in my pocket when I fly. Then, after my P2V takes off, I can check my hair.

If it is a sunny day (remember them ?) then I find I have to bend over to get my eye height about the same level as the Phantom when it is poised ready for take off. Shrimpfarmer's method means a lot less bending (I suspect we may be of a similar vintage :)).

BobUnplugged said:
I carry a woman's compact mirror in my pocket when I fly. Then, after my P2V takes off, I can check my hair.

I thought that was you. You left your handbag in the toilets so I left it at reception for you :)

And Pault your absolutely right mate, I gave up bending ages ago and I also need bloody glasses as well :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers