Easy Video Editing Software (4k) in windows

Reaction score
I am just about to receive my DJI P3 in the mail. And have been looking at beautiful videos others have done.

Is there a good tutorial out there that show's the footage and how to edit with keeping 4k? I saw some other threads with many different video editing software it seems people are using. I just am wanting to make sure i pick one I can keep 4k. And if there is a guide specific to DJI P3 with 4k editing that would be great.

And ultimate goal is to have it be able to post and share it with others. So ultimate goal would be to post on Youtube.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Last edited:
I am just about to receive my DJI P3 in the mail. And have been looking at beautiful videos others have done.

Is there a good tutorial out there that show's the footage and how to edit with keeping 4k? I saw some other threads with many different video editing software it seems people are using. I just am wanting to make sure i pick one I can keep 4k. And if there is a guide specific to DJI P3 with 4k editing that would be great.

And ultimate goal is to have it be able to post and share it with others. So ultimate goal would be to post on Youtube.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

To edit my videos I use Avidemus 2.6.
To convert the result for Youtube I use Freemake Video Converter.

Both programs are free and have third party tutorials in Internet:just type the program name followed by "Tutorial" in Google.

Gonna jump on your thread here, hope you don't mind, I'm in the same boat. Just got my P3P for Xmas. I have a Samsung 4k tv on which I can run the unedited videos, and wow!!!!!! I have done some basic editing of some SCUBA Diving videos using windows movie maker in the past, but after getting a taste of the good stuff, 4k, I don't want to downgrade my video for personal viewing or display at least. Understanding that putting on the web will require a downgrade in most cases... (Wife bought my P3P for Xmas, having no idea that would prompt me to buy a new Ipad after 2 flights with my phone, probably soon to be followed with a new high end PC, assuming I will need to upgrade some processing power for this, and whatever software I end up buying...)

Reactions: Brock123
To edit my videos I use Avidemus 2.6.
To convert the result for Youtube I use Freemake Video Converter.

Both programs are free and have third party tutorials in Internet:just type the program name followed by "Tutorial" in Google.

Does Avidemus allow you to output in 4k? Seems like many programs will allow you to work with 4k, but the output is less...

Thanks!

Gonna jump on your thread here, hope you don't mind, I'm in the same boat. Just got my P3P for Xmas. I have a Samsung 4k tv on which I can run the unedited videos, and wow!!!!!! I have done some basic editing of some SCUBA Diving videos using windows movie maker in the past, but after getting a taste of the good stuff, 4k, I don't want to downgrade my video for personal viewing or display at least. Understanding that putting on the web will require a downgrade in most cases... (Wife bought my P3P for Xmas, having no idea that would prompt me to buy a new Ipad after 2 flights with my phone, probably soon to be followed with a new high end PC, assuming I will need to upgrade some processing power for this, and whatever software I end up buying...)

Not a problem at all seems like were in same boat. I just want a easy software that keeps 4k on output that I can then post on youtube. I see lot's of programs but seem a lot lose the 4k. So was not sure which program is best that keeps 4k output.

Most are probably using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro for their editing. Keep in mind that editing 4k requires some pretty substantial hardware, and to my knowledge none of the video hosting sites (at least youtube and vimeo) offer uploads of anything more than 1080p. I could be mistaken.

Most are probably using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro for their editing. Keep in mind that editing 4k requires some pretty substantial hardware, and to my knowledge none of the video hosting sites (at least youtube and vimeo) offer uploads of anything more than 1080p. I could be mistaken.

Interesting the hardware is not a problem on editing. So on youtube are the ones that say 4K really just 1080P?

Does Avidemus allow you to output in 4k? Seems like many programs will allow you to work with 4k, but the output is less...

Thanks!
Avidemus has the "copy" function that maintains the resolution of the original(or, at least, they claim to do it).

I am not sure if Freemake Video Converter automatically reduces the resolution when you select "Output for Youtube": but, in this case, is more a Youtube problem than a Freemake Converter problem.

Interesting the hardware is not a problem on editing. So on youtube are the ones that say 4K really just 1080P?

Don't forget that YouTube recompresses uploaded video and also creates copies at various resolutions. I have not seen a YouTube video at any resolution higher than 1080P (1920 x 1080)

4k - YouTube

Plenty up to 2160k.

I hadn't specifically searched for 4K video the 4K phantom ones I had found were all 1080P

I found this one which made interesting viewing..

Based on it I checked some numbers

This is that video in both formats

Complete name : 4K Video - is it worth it - YouTube-1080P.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 130 MiB
Duration : 9mn 8s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 994 Kbps
Writing application : Lavf56.1.0
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 1 862 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Complete name : 4K Video - is it worth it - YouTube.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 773 MiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 11.8 Mbps
Writing application : Lavf56.1.0

Bit rate : 11.7 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

I hadn't specifically searched for 4K video the 4K phantom ones I had found were all 1080P

I found this one which made interesting viewing..

made smaller..

Your kinda hyjacking my thread it was asking for help on what people are using for 4k videos. Not videos to tell me if it's wort it.

Downloaded and messed with avedimux a little this weekend. Unable to successfully complete output. Kept crashing... Just like reviews say, not user friendly at all either... Sony Vegas says it does 4K output, and at 60 bucks it may be the most inexpensive option. Although I've never used it, being a mainstream software it should be stable and I'm sure lots of tutorials are out there. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any experience with it. And for anyone questioning why 4K, you obviously haven't watched one of these videos on a large 4K tv! It is truly stunning clarity!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use DaVinci Resolve for my color grading and Corel VideoStudio for titles, edits, opening, closing, etc. DaVinci Resolve is not user friendly at all except for color grading but if you get the hang of it it's phenomenal. It's the gold standard for color grading in Hollywood and the latest version has made it a pretty good NLE as well, the best part is that the consumer version is free. But I have been using Corel for so long that I use both.

DaVinci Resolve 12.5
Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

Video Studio X9
Video Software - VideoStudio X9 Family

I recommend to anyone looking for video editing software to just try different ones and see which one you like the best. They all have trial editions. Corel is not free but it's great, very user friendly and does everything from slide shows to auto transitions to multi-cam to audio ducking and supports 4k. I use this combination of software to create real estate virtual tours, promo videos, even TV commercial spots.

I use DaVinci Resolve for my color grading and Corel VideoStudio for titles, edits, opening, closing, etc.
This is exactly what I use. The best cost effective combination: Corel is bad at color grading, but it is great for editing and it is affordable ( less than $90) . Davinci is great for color grading, and it is free. The only caveat: Davinci demands hardware power.

I would suggest you to try with pinnacle studio that supports video editing in 4K and has many advanced feature. Currently avail deal from dpcoupon.com/store/pinnacle-systems-coupon-codes/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4