Easy Home Made Sun Visor that anyone can make

Reaction score
I made a quick and dirty homemade iPhone Sun Visor for the DJI Phantom controller, and I was very surprised how much of a noticible difference it makes using a visor in sunny days...works great!

Used an old watch box that I didn't need, and cut 2 slits on the back so it can easily slide onto the 2 smartphone spring jaws.
I kept the right side open so it can swing open and closed, so you could touch the screen easier when needed.

Need: 1 small box, scissors, and black duct tape.
Time: 15 min
Cost: $0.00

Some photos, for those who want to make one yourself. enjoy!

Attachments

• visor1.jpg
    visor1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 718
  • visor2.jpg
    visor2.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 849
  • visor3.jpg
    visor3.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 783
  • visor4.jpg
    visor4.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 796
  • visor5.jpg
    visor5.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 716
plasmo said:
Someone should make a Phantom version of this!
No need for Moverio Glasses!

https://developers.google.com/cardboard/

I made myself a similar cheap construct, only much more amateurish and put together haphazardly. While any type of screen shade does help, it's still far from ideal out in the 'field' in bright sunlight. Also and for myself, I wear glasses/contacts so the constant switching from looking into the little box I made, to the bright sky, close up to distance - really messes up a person's eyes! :shock:

I'm thinking about a larger tablet or other dedicated screen for FPV - as long as it can be seen relatively well in bright sunlight. Otherwise and down the road, I may have to consider some kind of FPV glasses if I ever want to take advantage of that feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik