East Bay Area

Hi Astro,
I'm in the East Bay, in Lafayette. I just received my Vision yesturday and am learning how to fly. Lets see if we can grow this list.

I'm in Petaluma. I've owned and flown my Phantom for six months now, flying 4 to 6 flights 4 or 5 days a week. I'm upgrading to FPV today and plan to fly the Santa Cruz lighthouse tomorrow. I'm a member of Liberty Flyers...we have a great venue of several acres, a solar charging station, wind sock and even a Port-a-Potty.

Reactions: trevornewkirk
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there is anyone in the east bay or bay area that would be interested in taking some video of my Christmas lights on my house in North Richmond nest to El Sobrante? I can compensate for the favor with $ or custom stickers for your copter.
I've been looking at getting a P2V and it would help justify it with the Mrs. to see the it work too ;)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to some basic video I took but it doesn't show the tree lights :(
http://youtu.be/wV5wWrgYmP4

I am in Dublin and belong to the East Bay Controllers group that flies out of Livermore. Had the P2 for a couple of weeks and installed a simple gimbal like holder for a Mobius Action Cam. Still can't figure out Home lock or properly programing from the Assistant.

My interest is video.

I'm in Los Altos but don't have a Phantom yet. I'm just lurking on the forum to try to get more info before making the plunge, but I think it will be soon. Is there anyone near me? The geographic split in the forums is confusing for Bay Area folks, since we generally don't think of ourselves as NW US or SW US, just Pacific Coast or Far West. Probably a Brit who set it up. Anyway, I'm not sure where to post, but I'll check here and on the "Bay Area?" thread on the SW forum.

Also new to this forum and was expecting my new Phantom 2 w/ the ZenMuse gimbal to arrive this morning, practical all weekend and then use it for a documentary we are filming on Monday. Now I'm told its arriving mid-morning on Monday. Anyone that has this setup this weekend anywhere in the Bay Area, preferably the East Bay (I'm in Emeryville but can travel) who knows how to fly this rig well that might want to share?

Even better yet, that has free time early next week and wants to do some aerial photography?

Please get in touch in either case. Greg 510-926-7626

Thanks!

I'm in San Leandro, can anyone recommend any near by large areas for my first flight? My FC40 should be arriving any day now and I want BIG space to test it out in just in case something goes wrong.

notsojazzyjeff said:
I'm in San Leandro, can anyone recommend any near by large areas for my first flight? My FC40 should be arriving any day now and I want BIG space to test it out in just in case something goes wrong.

Hope this message goes through to "__________jeff.
I fly the S.L. Marina park weekdays, early AM.
Also fly the Bill Osborne field in Alameda (on Doolittle). It's a control line field, but it is OK as long as you do not interfere with the control line people. I am still on the lookout for better places to fly helis and quads. Garfield school is fair.
Please let me know if you find good spots. Thanks.

Regards,
George
aka: The Miser

The Miser said:
notsojazzyjeff said:

Hope this message goes through to "__________jeff.
I fly the S.L. Marina park weekdays, early AM.
Also fly the Bill Osborne field in Alameda (on Doolittle). It's a control line field, but it is OK as long as you do not interfere with the control line people. I am still on the lookout for better places to fly helis and quads. Garfield school is fair.
Please let me know if you find good spots. Thanks.

Regards,
George

HA! What coicedence I just got back from Marina park 10 minutes ago. Very nice space! I was really worried that I would have to drive a long way to find an open field in a city like San Leandro, but thats only a 10 minute drive from me. We pulled up around 8:30 and there weren't many people. PERFECT. I will definitely be back here early mornings as well because I'm sure by noon it starts to get packed. If I see anyone with a DJI that looks like they could be named George I'll be sure to say hi :lol:

Hope we meet some day.
Note: I don't have a Phantom, but if you see a really old guy flying a heli or a Blade 350QX quad, that could be me.
Also, if you don't mind driving, Baylands in Sunnyvale is very popular.

Regards,
George

The Miser said:
Hope we meet some day.
Note: I don't have a Phantom, but if you see a really old guy flying a heli or a Blade 350QX quad, that could be me.
Also, if you don't mind driving, Baylands in Sunnyvale is very popular.

Regards,
George

Sounds good. I'm 32 so being around people "really old" people makes me feel not as old as I feel the rest of the time :lol: . Assuming I can get my tweaking done in time I'll probably be up there this upcoming Saturday morning at some point.

I'm in Pleasanton and have been doing the FPV thing for about 18 months. I have planes that I fly miles with and tend to fly out in Mountain House with a buddy or from the field across the street from the Fair Grounds in Pleasanton off of Bernal road. I've had a couple of Quads (HT-FPV and QAV250) in the past but recently picked up a Phantom 2, H3-3D and Ground Station 2.4 Link. I'm also running a IRC600mw 5.8 for FPV. The Ground Station coolness drew me in along with the quality of video you can get from a 3-axis gimbal.

Colin

I just got my P2 with H3-3D and GoPro 3 Black. I'm in Fremont and work in Pleasanton. I tend to fly at any park that doesn't have security personnel :p

I'm in the East Bay Harry near Briones.
I fly a P2V with some fpv range limitation issues.

Harry

Attn: astro

I'm also in San Leandro. Let me know if you want some company next time you go out to fly.

Also, you may be interested in checking out "Game of Drones", event scheduled for February 15 in Oakland.
Combat and FPV Racing, Swap meet and fun flying. Good group of people and lots to learn by just walking around.

The Miser

Hi Astro,
I'm in the East Bay, in Lafayette. I just received my Vision yesturday and am learning how to fly. Lets see if we can grow this list.
Hi Astro,

You're really going to enjoy that aircraft. I have a P2 (non-vision) which I really enjoy with my GoPro Hero 4 Silver camera. I recently pre-ordered the P3 and awaiting delivery in early May. I live in Gilroy, CA. Do you know where there may be a meet-up near here?

I'm in Los Altos but don't have a Phantom yet. I'm just lurking on the forum to try to get more info before making the plunge, but I think it will be soon. Is there anyone near me? The geographic split in the forums is confusing for Bay Area folks, since we generally don't think of ourselves as NW US or SW US, just Pacific Coast or Far West. Probably a Brit who set it up. Anyway, I'm not sure where to post, but I'll check here and on the "Bay Area?" thread on the SW forum.
Hi Russ,

I live in Gilroy, CA which is the southernmost part of Santa Clara County. My suggestion, if you want to get into this exciting hobby now, would be to purchase the P2 v2.0 (non-vision). Coptershop has them on sale for $449.00, which is the lowest I've seen so far. Perhaps it's because of the release of the new P3's, which will be available in May.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31