EARPLUGS IN TO DAMPERS TO REMOVE JELLO EFFECT

Reaction score
Guys, is this true? Im trying to take out the jello, so i found that thing about the earplugs, has anyone here tried that? What do i do with the antidrop kit? Thanx!

Which camera are you using?

Although I have not yet experienced the jello effect with my GoPro Hero 3+, others have. Some have said that the jello is caused by the frame rate of GoPro's rolling shutter.

I did not know that the jello effect was caused by dampening.

Well that ear plug trick seems to work very well with the taco gimbql on the pv2 so I dont see why it wouldnt work on the pv2+. You could take out the protectors, insert the earplugs and then use the taco gimbal screws and washers that you can buy seperately. I'll post a link for them now. Interesting concept, would be very interested to see if it works. Look for members here called daniel sanchez and richard fernandez because they might be able to help a lot on this.

Heres the kit. Its basically 2 washers that sit on the outside of the rubber dampeners with a screw that joins them. You curl up the ear plug with your fingers so it curls up into a lot smaller than its original size. Put it inside the stock dampener. Place the 2 washers on the ends of the rubber dampener and put the screw through the whole lot that binds the 2 washers. You will need to do this on all 4 dampeners and then you will need to start you testing which may take a while. Adjust the screws on each one quater twist by quater twist until you get the video results that are best. When you are happy put some hot glue on the heads of the screws to keep them from shifting with vibrations.
http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-31/3 ... tor/Detail

Thanx, im not really gettin it. I thought i just had to push the earplugs in to the dampers, and that was all. :(

I say go to the source and balance everything well first off... you can fudge the vibrations out of your video but they are still there and can affect flight sensors and even cause flyaways...

Balance props and motors to get rid of every trace of vibration and you shouldn't have to **** around with stuff to get your video looking clean.

Good rules to follow... http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/vibration-damping/#Why_vibration_damping_is_important

I checked my props and were well balanced, It is kind of frustrating, buying the VISIONPLUS to get
a nice and near filming, and now i will almost get a degree in RC flights n copters, i just like making vids. Any way, i will try to put the earplugs or some foam in to the normal dampers that the phantom brings, i will let u know how it works. I get some jello, and that sucks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20