Earning your stripes

Wow. I've got to hand it to them that is very professionally done. Very clear instructions and useful exercises for beginners - not just general flying but for camera work (e.g. circling whilst keeping camera facing the centre, etc)

They hammer the safety message, which is good. They also explicitly mention not to fly over 400ft which will please the CAA in the UK as that's the height restriction for RC mentioned in the Air Navigation Order (ANO), which has legal status. I understand it's the guideline limit issued by the FAA?

Smart-looking document, well done to DJI for that - excellent English, too.

Pull_Up said:
Wow. I've got to hand it to them that is very professionally done. Very clear instructions and useful exercises for beginners - not just general flying but for camera work (e.g. circling whilst keeping camera facing the centre, etc)

They hammer the safety message, which is good. They also explicitly mention not to fly over 400ft which will please the CAA in the UK as that's the height restriction for RC mentioned in the Air Navigation Order (ANO), which has legal status. I understand it's the guideline limit issued by the FAA?

Smart-looking document, well done to DJI for that - excellent English, too.

It is mentioned in the ANO but only for models over 7kg. http://www.fpvuk.org/fpv-law/

It is also mentioned in the FPV UK exemption and staying below 400ft is required when flying FPV with only a spotter.

All the best

Simon

If you're flying under the terms of the exemption (which is an exemption to part 166(3) of the ANO) then you must stay below 400ft.

You can only fly under the exemption if you are flying a fixed wing aircraft under 1.8kg or a rotary winged aircraft under 2.5kg.

The Vision as-is would not be classed as FPV IMHO. It doesn't restrict your view and prevent you from being alerted to other air traffic, like Goggles do.

All the best

Simon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31