Early news from CES (not DJI specific)

OI Photography said:
http://news.yahoo.com/wave-wearable-gadgets-expected-ces-event-152435405--finance.html

"Waterloo, Ont.-based Thalmic Labs Inc. plans to show off how its MYO armband can be used as a remote control device to operate a quadricopter drone. The band responds to electricity generated in forearm muscles as well as arm motions and finger gestures."

Oh brother, here I thought the goggles were bad. Now were going to have folks doing aerobics to fly their rigs. Or should I say AERO-BICs?

^ +1 LOL

I'd think after sometime battery's will become better and better and give even longer flight time, Meaning wearing one of these may make my arm tired after awhile! What I would like to see is a drone that will respond to voice command :)

phantomflyer said:
What I would like to see is a drone that will respond to voice command :)

Then you would look like you were talking to yourself...

This was demonstrated briefly on a UK show, The Gadget Show, this evening. Amongst the applications, including gaming and Powerpoint type presentations, was a brief clip of the device shown to control a Parrot AR Drone.

Regards

Nidge

EMCSQUAR said:
phantomflyer said:

lol I guess but I wont look any stupider then the people who walk around the grocery store with a blue tooth in their ear that look like they're talking to themselves! They would be few basic commands like go forward,left, right, stop or hover, turn, descend, lift you know simple commands. Not like you have to shot the **** with it or anything lol :lol:

phantomflyer said:
EMCSQUAR said:
phantomflyer said:

lol I guess but I wont look any stupider then the people who walk around the grocery store with a blue tooth in their ear that look like they're talking to themselves! They would be few basic commands like go forward,left, right, stop or hover, turn, descend, lift you know simple commands. Not like you have to shot the **** with it or anything lol :lol:

I don't know...it would be like talking to the dog - Sit, stay,.. only it would be start, take off & where the F$%k are you going???

I was just talking about sending the command through your Tx to send it the signal but I can see the ones having a flyaway yelling at their Phantom to please come back and if I ever get a hold of you I'm going to lock you in your crate :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik