Early Auto descend/ false low battery

I sent a email on the 7th June when I first noticed my problem .. I got two replies the first saying to discharged my battery and see if it helped .. the second asking at what % did it auto land and can I supply invoice from my supplier .. that was on the 12th June .. I sent again on the 18th asking did they get the information still no reply .

Ps I gave all the information they asked for in my first email ?

As mentioned in my post above, I had this problem and sent back my battery to DJI in LA.

it took six weeks but just received an email saying they are replacing my battery, so there is obviously some problem.

I sent this to ALL Dji support addresses, US, China, Germany(I think) and a new one popped up in Japan on June 19.
As of now, not surprisingly still nothing!
Maybe all of our emails go into a lottery machine and only the lucky few get responses...

To whom it may concern and may actually respond to this email.

I am emailing, unfortunately with zero expectation of a reply, based on the overwhelming instances that DJI does not respond in a timely manner to customer concerns, and most likely will not address the issue.

I am writing on behalf of a growing number of Phantom owners that are experiencing the same problems with our craft, all over the globe.

To summarize the issue that is growing daily, please take the time to read fully the thread listed below.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324

Questions for someone in Engineering, or a technician that actually can answer the questions with some knowledge, not the usual generic email responses.

1. What is the DJI designed life span of the Phantom 2 series battery ?

2. Where do we locate or decipher the production date codes on these batteries ?

3. Is there any coding within the serial #s that would indicate production dates ?

Those of us who are affected are keeping logs of the specific data pertaining to the battery performance, endurance, and life cycles, among other indices. All of which are drastically different from what DJI claims to be normal for these batteries. We want to know what is going on with these batteries. We will not accept the response that there is nothing wrong, or we are doing something wrong. We are all presently enduring the other current issue with our craft, the magnetic declination issue, which amazingly DJI is working on. This after WE Collectively had to convince DJI that there was a problem. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERIES ! We need solid credible information from DJI to start attempting to figure this issue out.

I would be more than happy to discuss this issue with someone over a telephone conversation, but I am not willing to spend half of my day on hold for customer service.
If someone gets this email, actually reads it, and chooses to respond to me, I will be overwhelmed with shock.
If you are reading this and have no idea what this email is about, please forward it to someone above you. Maybe this will eventually get to the proper person who may be able to assist us all.

We all realize that DJI is severely behind the ball with regard to overall support, and have tried to temper our frustrations, however, this needs to be rectified NOW.
In the USA we have companies that farm out customer service to call centers, that actually answer the phone promptly. Getting a live person on the phone in a timely manner goes a long way for the company, and allows the concerns to actually get heading in a proper direction. We don’t even have that with DJI right now. Your system that answers phones actually just disconnects calls. What does that say to US, the customers?

I spent many years in management at a global freight corporation(FedEx) and terminated employees for responding to customers the way some of your people have responded to us, collectively, when the few that get through on the phone actually talk to a DJI employee. The emails some of us have received are equally upsetting, We are all treated like morons. We read the manuals, and are only as good as the manuals we read. We reach out to DJI when there are problems outside the printed customer level manuals and information.

We enjoy our Phantoms, but are tremendously disappointed in DJI.

George Carey
California-United States of America

That's great George.
It needs to be brought to their attention asap.
I like the point about call centres.

I contacted my dealer who replied today stating that he had requested a refund/exchange and that he should have a reply within the week. Sounds like he has a better relationship than us normal folk or he's overly optimistic. He also said that once approved I would still have to wait 2 weeks as they can't keep stock on the ground as it sells within a week.
I've not sent the battery and he has not asked for any evidence other than my word though I did offer screen shots etc.

I haven't read this rather long thread all the way through but I was wondering if anyone has mentioned having a weak cell? I had an incident with a lake where my battery was underwater for about 30 minutes. It was dried out and seemed to charge and run in my Phantom. But, with around 70% charge it suddenly began to descend as if the battery was nearly discharged. Checking with the assistant I can see one cell is weaker than the other two. This seems to throw off the battery electronics.

I was wondering if you guys have looked at cell balance in these cases?

Geo

Indeed I believe my battery issue is due to a weak cell. I've found the difference in cell 2 to be around 100mv

Positive outcome for me.

In just 2 days I recieved this reply from my dealer. No questions asked.

"I have received confirmation from DJI that they have authorised to replace the faulty battery.
Can you please ship the battery to us at your earliest convenience. Once received, we will be able to send you a replacement."

All I said in my email was I reqested a replacement for a faulty battery that was giving me low battery warnings at 68% and going straight into Autoland.

Fingers crossed for the replacement battery and the extra one I ordered.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting.

Woo Hoo, I won the DJI Lottery...... They actually responded.....
And of course blew me right off...... What a bunch of ****......
Who are the DJI employees on this list ??? Anyone know the user ID's ?

Your request (29603) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

Agent_08
Agent_08 (DJI Technology)
Jun 24 16:39

George,

I advise you to contact HQ directly at [email protected] with this concern. We are simply the repair facility for the North

American sector.

Thank you for your email.

DJI Technology Customer Service

Geert said:
Good news regarding these battery issues !

I just received an email from DJI, I copy paste the content here :

"Hello Mr.....,
Like we spoke on the phone we recommend you to go to your dealer and replace the two faulty batteries because you have one year warranty on them! Your dealer must help you with that. If he will replace it or repair it for you we cannot decide but he must help you in this case.

Regards, Heiko (Support3)"

I forwarded this email to my dealer, so I hope to have some good news from him coming soon.

Geert.

That's great news ... I sent my two back to my dealer in Bangkok today .. hope we all get them replaced . :D

Geert said:
Good news regarding these battery issues !

I just received an email from DJI, I copy paste the content here :

"Hello Mr.....,
Like we spoke on the phone we recommend you to go to your dealer and replace the two faulty batteries because you have one year warranty on them! Your dealer must help you with that. If he will replace it or repair it for you we cannot decide but he must help you in this case.

Regards, Heiko (Support3)"

I forwarded this email to my dealer, so I hope to have some good news from him coming soon.

Geert.

Sounds like if you bought it from a dealer, you must go through them. I doubt that any would ever be repaired.

My first contact was with my dealer and was sorted out straight away. They did have to get confirmation from Dji first though to authorize it.

Best of luck that it gets sorted out promptly.

gecarey said:
Woo Hoo, I won the DJI Lottery...... They actually responded.....
And of course blew me right off...... What a bunch of ****......
Who are the DJI employees on this list ??? Anyone know the user ID's ?

Your request (29603) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

Agent_08
Agent_08 (DJI Technology)
Jun 24 16:39

George,

I advise you to contact HQ directly at [email protected] with this concern. We are simply the repair facility for the North

American sector.

Thank you for your email.

DJI Technology Customer Service

How is this SOLVED? Sounds like you have to start from scratch.
Did you buy yours direct from Dji?

Geert said:
Double-D said:
Sounds like if you bought it from a dealer, you must go through them. I doubt that any would ever be repaired.

My first contact was with my dealer and was sorted out straight away. They did have to get confirmation from Dji first though to authorize it.

Best of luck that it gets sorted out promptly.

Yes, exactly, I bought everything by a dealer in Bangkok.
In the meantime I also received an email from him.

Dear Sir,

OK, DJI will change new for you, but please wait they'll send to me first then you send to exchange, i'll let you know after I've got, thanks.

Best Regards,

I don't know how long I will have to wait, 1 week or 4 weeks or ...
Important for me now is that I finally have answers and that the dealer will replace them.

Geert.

Great news. 2 new batteries coming your way. Hope it doesn't take long.

I was told today 1.5 weeks wait for stock. I'm in AUS.

I'm getting battery problems now on a new battery alarming at 56% now I'm wondering why I payed so much money for this piece of ****.I thought because it was so expensive it must be good (wrong)

I was having a problem with one of my batteries yesterday. Even though the battery level is over 60% charged (started at full charge), I'd get a low battery alarm and the phantom would go into "auto landing mode". Not good, as I was 300 feet out filming surfing over the Atlantic ocean.

I discharged the battery, then recharged it, same thing happened.

I did a search on the boards, and found this topic in the Phantom 2 Vision section:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324&start=20

I discharged my battery, as per DJI, and will do a full recharge tonight when I get home, then test it. I have a feeling I have a bad battery, but with the responses to the above posts, I'm not alone. Any P2V+ having these issues too?

low battery discharge auto land

Yes i experience the same effect. Battery gives false low power value especially after rapid ascend. Thereafter the battery just quickly runs out and craft wants to auto land. Any solutions?, get new battery?

I stopped using DJI batteries altogether. I got them replaced under the kruddy 3 months warranty and sold the new replacements and kept 1 for firmware updates for the bird.

@DBS discovered this long ago. DJI has misled us. To put simply, the DJI batteries are advertised as 3S (3 cells). 3S is 3 batteries running in series. But if you crack a battery pack open, there is 6cells. What does this mean? means they are using 2 halves to make 1 cell - This is bad for balancing. Its like feeding sled 2 dogs in one cage only to find that one is eating all the food. What happens during flight is that the bad cell is masked by the good cell (gives good voltage readings). In the dog sled analogy, the weaker dog isn't pulling its weight. And then when under stress, the good cell can't carry the weight and reports the failure - the failure is the Early Landing Warning. Now since there is 3x2 batteries, there is 6 chances of hidden failure.

This wont happen if its a true 3 cell as each cell is balanced equally and cant hide its voltage. If there is a bad cell, it will report it immediately and not under stress. This is why the P3 batteries are getting 100+flights - they are true 4cell batteries.

I've moved to aftermarket batteries from a reputable battery company for my P2.

Have had the same problem with one of my P2v+ batteries. It was over 30 days old and had 42 cycles in it. When it hit 65 % battery life it dropped to 8% real fast and quad auto landed. Didn't know what happened the first time. Landed a few blocks away and lucky Find my Phantom worked. Was in a friends front yard. I realized it was a battery issue a few days later when I rotated to that battery again. Was flying out and back showing one of my grandsons how to fly when it popped up and said autolanding , this time not so lucky. Down in heavy woods. Find my Phantom again a life saver. The map walked us right to it. Two props and one ESC damaged. Battery again dropped at 65%. The battery this time made the recycle bin after draining it.
Check it in the assist first and all looked good but at 65% she dropped like a led balloon. Yep decided with every flight it's a crap shoot as I fly over the water and heavy woods all the time here in Virginia... That's why they call this place "Tidewater".
Now is not if it's ever going to drop but "When". Glad I have two of these guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl