Eagles being trained to take down drones

2016-02-01_19-52-57.png

But what if the Eagle encounters a drone with carbon props..

Here some more info on the story (dutch, but nice video's)

Hoe voorkom je aanslagen met drones, met een roofvogel?

Interesting. I just ran into this video earlier this morning. I wonder if these were trained eagles.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dtitus6297
All this hysteria, over-reaction and stupidity makes me ashamed to be part of the human race.

Not to mention these dumb asses probably don't give a crap what happens to the animals. Like another said, even Eagle claws are no match for carbon fiber blades spinning at 25,000 rpm.

Yup just seen on news, now media has it watch it being blown out of all proportion
Nice bird

Almost couldn't believe this one when I read the headline, but then I saw the video. Check it out!

Eagles are being trained to take out illegal drones

Like these poor birds aren't in danger enough. So stupid if one of them birds get hurt I hope them people are held accountable!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: SilverStone641
Jerkoffs !
Let me guess if the bird gets hurt or killed it will be the "drone operators" fault .
They need a good smack for doing this :mad:

It may be legal in the Netherlands but if they were in the U.S. They'd be in prison for trying a ridiculous stunt like that.

Reactions: stulpin300m
View attachment 42568

But what if the Eagle encounters a drone with carbon props..

Here some more info on the story (dutch, but nice video's)

Hoe voorkom je aanslagen met drones, met een roofvogel?

I agree! As one who works with rehabbed birds of prey I see the eagles as the losers in this (perceived) battle. Birds on the glove have a hard enough time dealing with permanent jesses made of soft leather, let alone being asked to attack plastic or carbon props. This is a bad idea and should be stopped!

Reactions: Davy Cockett
Stupid idea., they are considering this in the UK also. What if the bird drops the drone on someones property or persons?

Explain to me when the bird gets its feathers ripped apart?

Should've saved the release for April fools day. Another 'great' idea from 'intelligent ' people who have absolutely no idea.

I echo 750r's comment and pity the poor bird that first gets hurt or worse.

Officer, to get that drone down just grab one of the props!

Total disregard for the safety of their animal. These guys should have their birds taken away.
I would think that the props would do some serious damage to the eagles legs. I would even think if they tried to grab an Inspire they could lose there feet.

All this hysteria, over-reaction and stupidity makes me ashamed to be part of the human race.

Not to mention these dumb asses probably don't give a crap what happens to the animals. Like another said, even Eagle claws are no match for carbon fiber blades spinning at 25,000 rpm.

Well blade rotation of about 12000 rpm anyway, not that the difference would still not hurt the bird.... I l agree completely with your point...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers